Clogged Milk Ducts and Mastitis Remedy?

ItsJana

Reaction score
After having DS I pretty much boob issues right away, during my hospital stay the constant feeding (and most likely poor latch) led to a cut in my right nipple. It was painful to breastfeed on that side so I started using a pump until the cut healed. The cut never fully healed, but once is stopped bleeding I did go back to breastfeeding from that side. The right boob had issues with clogged ducts on and off for about 3 weeks before I developed a fever, the fever went away for 2 days and then came back with severe pain in that breast. I went to the doctor and although she couldn't say forsure that I had mastitis she put my on antibiotics. My boob didn't have a red or pink "rash" appearance but it was hard and kind of lumpy. I finished those antibiotics yesterday and saw my doctor that morning. I still had a very hard golf ball size lump in my breast and the doctor sent me to the hospital for an emergency ultra sound to see if I developed an abscess. During the ultra sound the tech had to get the doctor because she couldn't get a good picture. The doctor there said I had a very big infection and that it was too thick and stiff to drain. If it doesn't get better I will have to have it cut out or risk an abscess and get it cut out. I'm so scared. I've tried almost everything, hot showers then pumping, hot water bottle, pumping every 3 hours for 30 minutes, massage, getting lots of rest and drinking lots of water. NO matter what I do the hard lump is still there, I've heard a little bit about taking lecithin, but my doctor can't give me any information on it good or bad because it's a holistic treatment and she's not educated in that area. Has anyone who has taken lecithin give me some information on what it does to help or any other ideas that can help me, this has been going on for so long and I'm really emotionally at the end of my rope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->