clomid, estrogen, and charting help!

LinnieLou

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help please! This is my first clomid cycle. I took it days 3-7 and then started estrogen on day 8. My Dr. wants me to continue the estrogen thru the remainder of my cycle. My FF chart is not showing that I ovulated because while I have had a temp shift my post O temps are a good bit lower than they normally are. Has anybody found that the estrogen keeps their temps down? Would that be why my temps haven't risen like they normally do after O? Thanks for any help!

Are you sure you're taking estrogen? It's not pregesterone is it?

I'm not sure why your doctor would have you take clomid, which is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, AND estrogen. Seems counter productive, and I feel like that would probably be the reason you didn't ovulate.

I have PCOS, and I do clomid days 3-7, and then take progesterone starting the day ovulation is confirmed.

Are you sure you're taking estrogen? It's not pregesterone is it?

I'm not sure why your doctor would have you take clomid, which is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, AND estrogen. Seems counter productive, and I feel like that would probably be the reason you didn't ovulate.

I have PCOS, and I do clomid days 3-7, and then take progesterone starting the day ovulation is confirmed.

yep its definitely estrogen. The estrogen is supposed to help thicken my lining since the clomid sometimes thins it. It is also supposed to help with the cm issue that clomid causes. Most women that take estrogen with the clomid only take it up until O tho. My dr didn't have me start the estrogen until I finished the clomid. I'm pretty sure I did O. I had a positive OPK with all the other O symptoms. Now at about 6 dpo my bbs are sore which is normal post O for me. My temps are just confusing me.

Hmm, interesting. Well, fx regardless! Sometimes your temps can be way off, but if you have a positive OPK I'd say that's a pretty good sign for O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->