clomid mid cycle?--UPDATE

MegnJoe

DH+DD+#2 on the way!
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have a question about clomid. My dr prescribed me 50mg clomid to take mid cycle if my labs come back showing I'm not going to O on my own..has anyone done this before? I've only ever taken clomid like cd 3-7..does anyone know the reason to take it so late in the cycle? I'm confused as to why I would start it on CD15..any input helps thanks <3

Well i was reading that it can cause you to ovulate mid cycle, this lady wasnt sure when her husband would be sent home from the army all she would get would be about 2 weeks notice so her doctor would prescribe it as soon as she found out when he would be home and i guess she concieved doing it this way :)

If still checking... did you get your BFP when you did mid cycle with clomid? My doctor just started me on it on 10dpo. He did ultrasound and I wasn't doing anything myself...

I did get my BFP when I took it mid cycle! I took it around 11 days after my period ended Im now 20 weeks along <3 So it works!

Thanks that gives me hope! I go for IUI on monday!

What is your cycle length for you to take clomid on cd 11

Mine were averaging 40 days but they think they weren't true cycles because I most likely wasn't ovulating.

why did u take it 11 days after your end period date?

I had laparscopic surgery the same day my period began. Doc didn't want to up my chances of tubal pregnancy so he let the period come to an end and started clomid late so I could heal internally as well as externally.

Congrats on your babies! I know these posts are old. I was hoping to get in touch with you. We have been TTC for a year now, had a MC and am starting first round of IUI this cycle. I never seemed to have O issues but when I went for my scan on Monday (cycle day 15) my follicles were only 6mm. Doc talking about re-scanning me Friday and possibly starting me on Clomid on friday (cycle day 19)
so if i do that, ovulate late and still do the IUI, I have a chance of a successful pregnancy? He mentioned this would maybe be a "bad" cycle since I will likely have late O?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->