Clomid Question: 50mg and 75mg back to back?

sunshine314

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
Since I just joined and don't have an avatar yet...here is some background first (feel free to skip down to the quesiton if you don't want the background):

My DH and I have been TTC for a year. Due to very irregular periods, we started seeing an RE back in December. After doing all the required tests, they found I wasn't ovulating on my own (DH's SA came out all good). THey put me on Clomid (50mg) back in January and I ovulated on day 14 and got pregnant (but that sadly, it ended in a chemical pregnacy). This past cycle, they put me on 50mg again but I didn't ovulate until day 19. I had two good follicles and did an IUI and TI but my progesterone levels were only 6.75 6dpo...I got all BFN results and AF came this past weekend.

On to my question:
My RE prescribed me to take 50mg Clomid on days 3-5 and then 75mg clomid on days 6 and 7. Has anyone ever done this or heard of this? Are there any success stories with this out there? Why wouldn't he just put me on 75mg for every day?

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide!

Hi I don't have any info as I'm just about to start clomid I just didn't want to read and run, good luck x

well i can say that i took clomid cd2-6 100mg and then i took soy isoflavones cd7(200mg) and 8(120mg)... i ovulated cd20... igot a bfp at12dpo, and i am using progestrone cream twice a day(started it cd21)

maybe the reason he's not giving 75 mg for everyday is because he's trying to up your dosage slowly to avoid over stimulation of ovaries. I was prescribed 100 mg days 4-8 by my doctor and it caused overstimulation at my ovaries. Now there are too many eggs there.

If you'd like to consider people's responses here I'd advice you to ask them first if they were prescribed clomid by a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->