Clomid Update! Feeling Optimistic

pinkavocado

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I just felt like posting my good news and am curious about the experience of other Clomid users.

I'm on CD12 of my first Clomid cycle. My doctor is pretty uh... aggressive in treatments and I started with a dose of 100 mg. Perhaps this was because my lining was fine on my first ultrasound.

I went to get my ultrasound yesterday and I have two big follicles! (Of course, as a PCOSer, I have more than that.) One is 20 mm and one is 19 mm. My lining was also a 10.1 which my doctor said was good, as well.

I'm praying that they both keep developing and ovulate so that we have two targets! My husbands SA was also very good.

I'm so thankful that I haven't had any Clomid symptoms except for vaginal dryness. After searching pharmacies for pre-seed or something similar, I'm having it expressed internationally shipped here. (Let's not talk about cost :wacko:)

A bit about me- My doctor diagnosed me with PCOS after listening to my symptoms and through ultrasound. I have hormonal side-effects of PCOS- excess facial hair, acne struggles, and hair thinning. Thankfully about 4 years ago, I began a 2-year weight loss to lose 50 pounds and my weight is now in a normal range. (But boy, that was tough!)

I'm fairly certain I ovulate on my own. My periods are 28 days exactly and have been for years (even when I weighed 50 lbs more.) However, when I was bbt charting, I was supposedly ovulating on day 20, leaving an 8 day LP. I also had recently started spotting before each period.

Therefore, I'm also on progesterone for the later part of my cycle which is making them about 31 days. I'm hoping this helps too with letting that baby stick!

Are there any ladies who have conceived on Clomid. Do you remember your follicle sizes?

Any ladies currently on Clomid that want to share their experiences!? I'm here for you!

I’m not on clomid, but wanted to leave you some :dust: good luck!!

Thanks ladies! I really like the women on this forum. I read comments in other forums and everyone is judging others' treatments and even their feelings.

Wishing you all the best!

I was on Clomid last time and I will be starting it again in a few days as today is CD1 for me :)

I do not remember what size my follicles were last time but I got pregnant the first month I was put on 100 mg. I have been prescribed 100mg again for this go so I am really hopeful. 50mg did absolutely nothing for me.

I do not ovulate at all without any medical intervention. I am literally that woman who has to be given drugs to even stimulate a period to make sure my lining doesn't become too thick. :haha: I am only 27 and TTC is hard because I am surrounded by fertile women who keep on saying, "It will happen if you just stop trying!" I hear this so often and it just sucks. :(

I am wishing you all of the best on your Clomid journey! My best advice is that Clomid loves to give you false pregnancy symptoms so do your very best not to symptom spot! When I was on the 50mg, every time felt like I was pregnant, only to show up for my bloodwork and be told I didn't even ovulate!

I was on Clomid last time and I will be starting it again in a few days as today is CD1 for me :)

I do not remember what size my follicles were last time but I got pregnant the first month I was put on 100 mg. I have been prescribed 100mg again for this go so I am really hopeful. 50mg did absolutely nothing for me.

I do not ovulate at all without any medical intervention. I am literally that woman who has to be given drugs to even stimulate a period to make sure my lining doesn't become too thick. :haha: I am only 27 and TTC is hard because I am surrounded by fertile women who keep on saying, "It will happen if you just stop trying!" I hear this so often and it just sucks. :(

I am wishing you all of the best on your Clomid journey! My best advice is that Clomid loves to give you false pregnancy symptoms so do your very best not to symptom spot! When I was on the 50mg, every time felt like I was pregnant, only to show up for my bloodwork and be told I didn't even ovulate!

Glad to hear that the 100 mg worked for you :) I hope it works for me too!

Wishing you the best of luck and baby dust! Thanks for the warning about the false pregnancy symptoms. The progesterone supplements give me almost every side-effect they can, which are all like pregnancy symptoms. So this cycle, I am definitely going to try not to symptom spot.

:dust:

Hoping for the best for both of us!

False symptoms are the worst! When I finally got pregnant, I was in denial. xD I had refused to test at first because I just didn't want to see another negative result. Plus, First Response tests are expensive to waste with non-pregnant urine. :haha:

I hope that your week is going well!

I used Clomid and conceived on round two. Unfortunately, miscarried in March but we aren’t giving up hope. Just finished my cycle of progesterone to trigger AF and then on to Clomid. This time we will be adding estrogen to the mix and then of course immediately back on progesterone.
Has anybody else used the estrogen part? This will be a first for me. Did you find pregnancy was more successful with the estrogen since it keeps the uterus thick?

I'm so sorry you had to go through that Mandi. I wish the best for your TTC journey and hope estrogen does the trick.

I don't know anything about taking the estrogen. I thought Clomid made you overproduce estrogen in the first place- shows how much I know. I'm definitely still learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->