Cloth bum and nappy rash

candyfloss

Reaction score
When in disposables W only had nappy rash about once in 9 months, but he seems to often get red areas now, mainly around his scrotum (tmi, sorry).

Is it because its hot and he's more likely to sweat in cloth? He gets changed every 2-3 hours, wears either BG V3s or Flips. No liners as his poos are easy to get off and don't seem to stain. Have let him have nappy off time last couple of days, but he's crawling and trying to walk, combined with him 'exploring' what is normally hidden by his nappy, means wee goes everywhere!

I wash them every 2-3 days, use persil non bio (concentrate), should I maybe change the liquid?

Is there any cream to use with cloth for nappy rash that isn't greasy?

Sorry for all the questions!

There's a few things you could try... stripping your nappies is one - there might be a build up of ammonia in the fibres of the nappy if there is any residue remaining. You could also try changing your washing liquid. I would definitely start to use liners, and put some cream on your LO - I believe there are creams available that are ok for use with cloth, but I don't know which they are. I use Bepanthan or Metanium when Adam gets red bits; if you use a fleece liner you'll protect the nappy, but you may need to scrub the liner with washing up liquid before washing, to make sure all the grease is out.

Lots of nappy free time is great for nappy rash. :)

The theory is that babies in cloth get more fresh air circulating round their bits than babies in disposables but I think that's really babies in natural fibres. Do you have any bamboo or cotton nappies for your LO to wear for the meantime? Those with a wool wrap would let his boy bits breathe. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->