Cloth Bums - which nappy? CONFUSSED!!

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
Hi,

I know there's loads of info on here, but I'm confussed beyond belief! It's all too much and I haven't a clue :cry:

We are settled so much better now that I'd like to embrace the cloth nappies. I had mild pnd in the beginning, and so couldn't handle the extra load of preparing nappies.

Anyway, I simply don't know what to get.

She wears pampers size 4 currently and at her last weighing 4 weeks ago she was 17lb @ 7 months. Not a huge baby, and quite dainty.

From what I have found out, I'd like the super patterned ones with inserts. Not sure about velcro or poppers though.

I see bundles on ebay (which I have seen aren't that highly recomended), to singular nappies. There are just too many brands and too many choices.

Ideally I'd like to have all the decisions made for me and a bundle of nappies appear ready to use in exchange for cash!

As that's not likely to happen, please would you wonderful ladies tell me what to buy. If possible - where, and advise how many (I'm guessing around 25 minimum?) and what size (although I'm once again guessing the velcro and popper ones cover all babies?)

Thank you thank you - I know I should be looking myself, but I really am suffering complete overload. I just want some nappies!!!

if you just want simple non patterned, one size fits most, easy, slim fitting, fast drying nappies... flips or bumgenius v3 or v4 (i'd go for v4 with poppers!) at her age she will more than likely learn to undo velcro soon so poppers are the way to avoid that! but every baby is different, i can only recommend the kind i know most people love! but i would always advise trying out lots of kinds before you buy loads. but flips an bg v4s both sell multi buy kits

If you'd like the super patterned ones I'd recommend Issy Bears, they are lovely prints and have always worked brilliantly for us. Our other favourites are wee notions but these are treat nappies as they're quite pricey.

Im glad im not the only one in utter confusion, lol. Luckily a friend on here has explained so much for me, but im still so confused! She has reccomended flips and erm...Cant remember names of the others, lol, but they are ones with the insert bits that you can take out and reuse the outer. Itti bitti snap ins are one i have seen as well, but i think they are sized as a pose to multi size.

Everytime i think im starting to understand, i read something and its full of abbreviations and im lost again, lol. Ive bought a couple of ebay cheapies, just so i could have a couple on my door step so it all made a bit more sense. I dont think i can wait for the rediculous delivery time though, lol. Im thinking about ordering the flip day pack which is 2 outers and 6 insert things, and you just swap the insert and can reuse the outer bit. Seems simple to me, and quick drying. Its only £41 as well, so not bad to start off.

If you come up with any geat way to understand this foreign language of cloth nappies, please let me know how, lol!

The sticky thread at the top of the forum helps with all the abbreviations hun :)

Yep, but there are so many of them, lol. Its hard enough trying to take in all the info and trying to check each abbreviation each time leaves my head in a spin! Im sure all will become clear soon enough x

Thanks everyone!!
The language does rather blow my mind. Seems to be that people are either expert or know nothing!
All very useful stuff though - but never dreamed it would be quite so damn complicated!! Will have to print off the abreviations so I've got them to hand when looking!!
(is there an evening class I could go to???)

i think the reason it seems that it is split into experts and newbies is that it wont take long to become an "expert" I started in cloth 13 weeks ago when LO was 9.5 weeks old. I was posting the same types of confused threads, i think the majority of us have, thats why the sticky is there now lol But it wasnt long before I knew sooooooooooo much! Its not that hard. Once you can crack the wee notions website, you have cracked the world of cloth! :haha: but i admittedly stayed away from figuring it out for a while but i eventually jumped in the deep end :lol:

if you need more hands on info, you might be lucky enough to have a nappy advisor in your area, fill your pants do nappy gurus - and nappy lady has advisors too but i tried their online service and they love to try two parters - so glad i didn't follow their advice. but they're great mediums for getting the ability to touch and feel the products before you buy them as so few high street retailers stock them.

Alternatively you can see if anyone is hosting a nappucino in your area, there's an online store near me which hosts one a month in a local sports centre.

I think a few ebay cheapies might be worth trying - I love the patterned ones from 97kgallery on there. They do take a while to arrive (from China) but they work well for us and are sp cute! ignore the low washing temp, I do mine at 50-60 and they are fine.

Also, our staple nappy is the Bum Genius Flip - so slim fitting, so easy to use and even daddy loves them!! They're bringing out patterned ones in the autumn too.

Why don't you do a nappy trial before you buy anything? I organize trials of anything I stock, and lots of other nappy advisors will do the same. It's well worth doing, as that way you know exactly what fits, what works for you, what washes and dries well in your own particular environment etc. PM me if I can help!

Thanks everyone!!
I've found a napuccino meeting in a couple of weeks and will go along to that.
In the meantime I've bought 12 napies for 78p each plus £1.99 shipping (total £32)!! from hong kong. Checked on here and they seem to be the same as naughty baby nappies, and reviews of the copy ones is good and they are all very veyr funky.
No inserts though so have ordered 20 from little lambs plus flushable eco friendly liners. Figure with that I've enough to get started.
For this little outlay I'm prepared to take the risk, and if anything it will give me good practice.
Thanks for all the advice - really has made a difference, and thanks for not telling me to bugger off to the big confusing sticky thread!
Interestingly I have got my voucher (somewhere . . . . .) from bexley for £40, so if I get along with these I will use it to get some more stock at some point in the UK. Should get me 2 nice nappies if I'm lucky!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->