Cloth nappies, breastfeeding & reflux meds

mhazzab

Reaction score
Hi!
When my daughter was in cloth and exclusively breastfed I just chucked her dirty cloth nappies straight in the wash without rinsing first and all was ok. My son is also exclusively bf but on Gaviscon for reflux, which makes his poop very thick. Does anyone know if this can go right in the wash or do I need to dispose of down the loo first? We are using disposables at the moment but hoping to move to cloth soon. Thanks

I don't have experience of Gaviscon but as soon as poo gets to a 'scrapable' consistency I'd just put it in the loo regardless of whether it's technically water soluble or not - the cleaner the nappies are going into the machine, the easier it will be for the machine to get the nappies thoroughly cleaned. I'd have done the same for young baby BF poo if it wasn't so liquid - the thought of the machine being full of dissolving poo for the first half of the wash isn't so appealing :rofl:

I don't have experience of Gaviscon but as soon as poo gets to a 'scrapable' consistency I'd just put it in the loo regardless of whether it's technically water soluble or not - the cleaner the nappies are going into the machine, the easier it will be for the machine to get the nappies thoroughly cleaned. I'd have done the same for young baby BF poo if it wasn't so liquid - the thought of the machine being full of dissolving poo for the first half of the wash isn't so appealing :rofl:

I'm sure you are right, it makes sense...I'm just a lazy cow! :haha:

Ha me too! I wouldn't be fussy about getting it all off - perhaps just hold it under the loo flush/give it a shake/give it a quick wipe with some loo roll. Get the majority off but don't worry about any left over :)

What about using flushable liners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->