Cloth nappies for small newborns?

misspeach24

Reaction score
I have already bought some naughty baby cloth nappies, but am concerned that they may be a bit over bulky on a small newborn. Ive a feeling that my baby will be born smaller than average.
Really determined to have a cloth bum from birth, is there any smaller ones out there?
Ive researched a little and found out that naughty babys are pocket nappies. Ive been reading that its a good idea to buy all in 2's (AI2's) as they can be more easier as the insert only needs to be changed if the whole thing is not soiled/wet, and therefore requires less washing. So does anyone know where I can find them for newborns?
I've got limited money to spend, but understand that cloth nappies are cheaper in the long run.
thanks x

I replied in the other thread hun, small bumgenius are good for newborns and also totsbots teenyfits these are all in one nappies though not ai2. You use them and take off and wash :)

Ooh or tots bots/diddy dipaers with a wrap over the top are good for newborns :)

Thanks! Ive found out that its best to use muslin squares inside a snug wrap for newborns, as they need changed a lot. Just looking for some wraps now...but does anyone have any idea on how many wraps should I buy??

The most efficient system for newborns is a separate nappy and wrap - 2 part system. there are a couple of really neat fitting newborn nappies - Nature Babies Lovables are very trim, if you want something a bit quicker drying than bamboo, Nature Babies Diddy diapers are excellent, and easy peasy's newborn bambeasy and bimbles are also lovely neat fitting newborn nappies.

Best wraps are Popolini/Motherease (the same, but Popolini are made in Europe and Motherease in Canada, so it depends where you live which is best) Nature Babies classic wraps, or of course wool nappy covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->