Cloth nappies, is it too late?

littlemansmum

Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x
Reaction score
Ladies, I'm in need of some advice please? When I had my first I was desperate to use terry's but my mil was dead set against after a week or to at a few months old I gave in as her venom was too much. When having my second we were not speaking to mil so I thought I'd give it another go, and my mum bought me a starter bag of tots bots nipper nappies birth to potty and a few fluffles nipper nappies. I got myself a few little lama and some lovely wraps and off I went, but the place we were living was damp and horrible and I couldn't get the nappies dry and I was just struggling with so many other things I felt so ashamed that I gave in and went back to disposables with nearly all my nappies brand new. We have now moved and I'm in a better place all round, my little boy is nearly 15 months now and when I got the nappies out earlier to try and sell them I felt a bang and I want to try them again but is my little one too old now? I keep being told at baby group by a snotty mum we should be potty training now but I feel he's too young and my oldest is only really now getting to grips with the potty. Is it too late to give it a go? Any advice gratefully received x

I say go for it - you can only save money and I am sure there are ladies on here who have put their little ones in cloth at 15 months.

Beware tho don't look at pretty nappies its can lead to a very bad addiction mwahaha!!!

if your cloth nappies still fit, you have nothing to lose but will save a fair bit on disposables for the next few months. they say kids in cloth potty train earlier than ones in disposables anyway because they feel the consequences of their wee, the dampness, that they don't in most disposables, and so learn to hold it till they can go to the loo. I don't have personal experience of this yet but it was one reason my mother was very supportive of my desire to use cloth because (in her view) my nephew and niece were quite slow to potty train and she blamed their nappies.

ignore the woman who is making jibes about potty training now, you know if it's not the right time.

I say go for it! I only started at 10 months going full-time at 12 months and every penny saved !!

I'd definitely give it a go. If your boy has been in disposables, he'll be way off potty training yet, and if you've got them already, you've nothing to lose as PP said! I bet the negative comments all come from people who don't know anything about it, and have never tried them anyway!

you will probably find cloth helps the potty training process as your lo will feel the wet and respond easier.
besides number 2 can use the same nappies so they're not going to waste!

my 2 yr old is going back into cloth to aid the potty training idea we are part time in prefolds atm im seriously considering terry squares though caus i know how to use them lol

Thanks for all the support girls, i have a sack full of nappies just waiting to be used, and it might be a bit late for not looking at perdy ones, i have a gorgeous minki pocket nappy with a turtle on which i just adore and when i looked at it this morning i thought, oooh a couple more like that would be nice....

I'd say go for it I think it's never to late I've been using cloth around 6-8 weeks and Shannon is 18 months now and it's the best thing I've ever done I wish I'd used from day one x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->