Cloth nappy virgin, help please!

S

Serene123

I can't believe I'm posting this as my daughter is 2 years old and is potty trained completely during the day. She still needs nappies at night though, and I'm wondering if it's worth investing in 2 or 3 cloth nappies so I don't have to continue buying nappies and she gets used to the feeling of cloth during the night. And maybe it'll encourage her to get up in the night to go?

I'm a complete cloth nappy virgin though. I have no idea what I'm looking at, which ones work at night, or which nappies would fit?

Is it worth it?

Mmmh not sure but have you thought of buying her some cloth pull ups?? Cause if she decides to go and wee at night I think a nappy might be a bit too much faff?
Have a look at these:

https://www.babykind.co.uk/trainerpants.htm

It also depends on how much she wees at night. If she's a light wetter perhaps a Bum Genius would be enough, if she's a heavy wetter then I suggest something like a Weenotions Night Notion or a Holden's Landing Bedbug, but those need wraps.
Why not try a few from the nappy library and see how you get on with them?
Good luck :thumbup:

I've used a Flip cover with two stay-dry inserts when we've run out of nappies for nighttime. They don't take too long to dry, so you might be able to get away with two sets which would cost about £35. The Flip wraps fit on my toddler with no problem and they are one-size so you'd be able to reuse them for another baby.

Another option would be a Weenotions Night Notion. The large size goes up to 35lb, 23.5 inch waist and 15 inch thighs. Prices start from £13 each for the basic bamboo one. You would probably need at least 3 because they take quite a while to dry. You would also need a wrap of some kind, either PUL, fleece or wool, which would cost about £10 (PUL or fleece would need to be washed every day so you might need several, whereas wool only needs to be washed every few weeks).

In the long run it would probably save you money. Aaron has been potty trained for ages but still needs nappies during the night. If it wasn't for the fact that hubby refuses to change cloth I would have cloth nappies for him as well as Tabitha.

Some nights she will wake up dry and other nights she will have a wet nappy. Not really wet like when she was smaller, just a little puffy.

Would the wraps be better than the pull ups for night time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->