Clothes and c-section scar

Housecat

Reaction score
I had an EMCS and 6 months later I'm still wearing giant Bridget Jones pants and maternity leggings. I can't bear normal knickers and my usual low slung trousers to be on my scar. It's not sore, and it's healed quite nicely, it's just sensitive and uncomfortable.
Anyone else in the same boat or have any tips?! I'm sick of big knickers and leggings up to my boobs! Tell me it'll get better! I wanna wear normal clothes again at some point!

Have a chat with your GP about the scar being sensitive and see if they can do anything, I am trying to remember back when I didn't wear trousers that stopped at my armpits... It's not coming easily to me! :haha:

Could you pop some kind of padding in under your clothes? Or a smaller version of a bump band?

I'm not sure my dr will be much help, apart from wait it out! Lol! I thought about padding, but wasn't sure what in earth I could use?! The bump band might work though! Thanks!

Got any maternity pads left over? I would shove one in my trousers when wearing a seat belt. Obviously keep it quiet, its not a hint Gok will be advocating...

I know exactly how you feel! 6 months after my emcs I can't bear anything against my scar! It isn't particularly sore, it just makes me feel sick and queasy and I'm very aware of it. I wear jeans that come up to my belly button.

I hope one day I'll be able to wear normal knickers again, it just makes me feel peculiar when I try to now.

I wore my smaller maternity clothes...worked fabulous!

I know how you feel, but it does get better over time, id say about a year & youll be back in your 'small~smalls' :winkwink:

I'd get it checked out.

My elsc was 10 weeks ago & I've been wearing normal things for about 6 weeks now. My tummy is starting to get feeling back now as before it was still quite numb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->