Clothing gift for friend with preemie?

stardust599

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?

My friend's baby girl was born just over 4 weeks ago at 2lb10oz at 28 weeks and has been transferred to a hospital quite a while away. She is still on a ventilator and has problems with her lungs :-(

Anyway, my friend was visiting me and got quite upset that she didn't have a single outfit to dress baby in. They'd tried a little pink early baby vest but it was far too big.

So I want to buy them a special little vest or outfit.

What should I buy? My friend said last week she had only just regained her birth weight so I think she will still be under 3lbs.

I don't think it could be a proper outfit as she is still on the ventilator and has a feeding tube and is still attached to all the monitors etc.

Is there a special outfit/vest/little sleepsuit I can buy for preemie babies? I know she'll be in the incubator all the time but I think it would be special for my friend if she had a little outfit specially for her LO.

I was also going to get my Mum to knit her a funky pink hat, cardi and mits in preemi size for coming home.

I hope all your LO's are growing up big and strong ready to come home xxx

https://cheekychumsonline.co.uk/ite...by-clothes-sleepsuit-COLOURFUL-BEAR-3-5lb.htm

I found this?

Boots and Mothercare have an excellent premature range. Some for 2-3lbs in weight :)

Ah has to be online. I don't live anywhere near a Mothercare and the Boots near me is tiny!!

I love Mamas and Papas premature range as they are exactly like regular newborn clothing, just smaller and they are good quality. We got quite a bit from there initially in size petite petite newborn which is up to 5lb's. :thumbup:

You can buy from boots and mothercare online.

I had all the 3lb baby suits boots done when my lo was in Nicu

Probably best with vests at the moment hun if you are going for very small, as I imagine her LO will still be in the incubator so they dont neccessarilly need anything.

I would definatly look up Mothercare online. I know someone gave me vests and they were from Next but i have never ever seen anything that small in Next since?

What a lovely gesture and will be deeply appreciated as the others have said there are a few good places these days but may still be early days for clothes I'd maybe ask your mum to go a touch smaller with the wee hat and do tiny scratch mits my lo was forever yanking his feeding tube out and nothing fittedy gran knitted the tiniest of mits that tied and worked a charm a real godsend usually a wee hat is one of the first things they put on them so I'd start there a very personal gift in my opinion xx

Go here:
https://www.babyprem.com/

My mother-in-law shopped from here when my LO was born weighing 3lbs. You can get some really cute small stuff. You can even buy clothes fitting up to 1.5lbs too. :)

wss^ baby prem has some lovely stuff. my fav was a little vest that said 'im a little miracle'....its tucked up in his baby box now. The nurses wanted the miracle removed and placed with 'menace' tho!!!

I ordered a double opening sleepsuit in size 3-5lbs in bright pink with a cute rabbit on the front. I went for a size bigger so it fits when she's out of the incubator. Mum is going to knit a tiny cardigan, hat and mits too in bright funky pink. I think she's going to do a tiny one and then one for about 4-6lbs for coming home!
Thanks for all the support xx

A lovely gift. I'd also like to add that my best gifts were blankets that we used for cuddles when she came out of the incubator. It was nice to have things that were hers alone in amongst all of the hospital property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->