Cluster feeding/expressing causing bleeding?

Mummafrog

New FTM to baby girl
Reaction score
Hey ladies :)

If my little girl does a lot of feeding one day it seems to cause brown spotting/bleeding when I wipe, not really enough for a pad.
I've just starting expressing this week and if I do an electric pump on both breasts it seems to cause more fresh bleeding.

I understand the link between nipple stimulation causing oxytocin release and uterine contractions and I'm assuming this is why. I was just wondering if anyone experiences the same?

Or is it more likely it is my period trying to return at 8 weeks pp while exclusively breastfeeding and pumping extra? She is sleeping well so we're getting longer stretches at night, there was a week or so when there were some 6 hour gaps between feeds BUT now I'm pumping I do it in the middle of that gap after she's gone to bed so... meep :wacko:

:hugs: to you all, any thoughts appreciated xx

I know people who had their periods come back early so it's possible.. but it could also just be breakthrough bleeding due to the contractions. I forget when my PP bleeding fully stopped. I thought I had a little for about two months but its been to long to really remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->