CMPA question

Pixie19

Reaction score
My daughter has suspected CMPA and/or reflux.
Yesterday my son left his cereal bowl on the floor and my daughter was dipping her hands in the milk and sucking it off!
So far there has been no reaction. Her eczema hasn't flared up, no rash, tummy ache or diarrhoea and if anything she's actually been sick LESS than usual...

If she does have CMPA as suspected, would this have been enough to trigger her symptoms?

I'm living in hope that its just reflux she has and not an allergy.
We have an appointment to see a paediatrician in April which is so far away!
We wanted to start BLW next week when she turns 6 months, but not sure where to start!! Do we avoid things with cows milk in or just give her anything and wait for a reaction?

I think you have to do what you're comfortable with, but I think if it's not been diagnosed, I would be inclined to offer her dairy in small amounts a few times between now and April and see what happens. If you get an obvious reaction, then stop, but if I didn't know for sure that it would cause a problem, I probably wouldn't avoid it until I had a reason to. If it does cause a reaction, there are lots of dairy-free things you can offer when doing BLW. My daughter had a suspected allergic reaction to pumpkin seeds. We fed her pumpkin seed butter on two occasions when she had a really severe reaction (she'd had it several times before with no reaction), but then I offered it to her one time around 7 months and it caused really bad projectile vomiting and a rash. I waited about a month and tried it again (as I wasn't actually sure what had caused it of the the things she'd eaten that day), again projectile vomiting, her whole face swelled up, eyes got really puffy and red and she got a really bad rash all over. On GP's advice, we avoided it until after she turned 1 and tried again, and she was fine. She has no reaction now. These things can often go away in time. But if you don't have a definite confirmation yet, I would give it a try if it was me as I think it's best not to avoid foods unless you need to. It could be it's nothing and she does perfectly fine and they you'll be reassured that it's probably just reflux. If she does react, you'll be able to recognise it and that will be useful information for your ped as well as for planning meals for the next few months.

Thankyou for your reply. We had an appointment with a doctor today and she had the same advice so think we will go ahead with BLW :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->