Co-sleepers, do your babies self-settle?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
As the title asks really... Sofia has a co-sleeper bassinet, but if she wakes I have to tuck her blankets in or put my hand on her chest to settle her. If she's in bed with us I'll cuddle her.

I was wondering, how is this going to work when she goes into her own room??

Hayden and Casen both learned to self settle too. They did sleep actually in bed with us, not one of the cosleeper beds so at night we were right there. But for naps they would go to sleep in our bed on their own. Like Hayden I would lay down and nurse him then give him his paci and before he was asleep I'd get up and he'd go to sleep on his own.

She does settle during the day, I put her to bed awake. At night I do the same but it takes her ages to go to sleep, she really fights it.

We co-slept to 6 months and Byron went into his own room at 7 months. Sometimes he self-settles but more often he needs some help. What we do depends on his mood, his day, his teeth etc etc. Tonight he has a terrible cold and I've read him a story and sung him a couple of songs. Then I sat and held his hand a while as he shuffled about but then he seemed to be self-settling so I left him to it. Very occasionally we intensely settle him with holding and rocking but the norm is a song and hand holding. He's growing out of wanting to be patted and hates his head to be stroked now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->