Co-sleeping & feeding

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
Hi my baby is almost 12 weeks. She suffered with colic but thankfully that as gotten a lot better She suffers with reflux & is a generally fussy baby.

I'm getting into a better evening routine, bath, feeding (breast feeding) and into Moses basket once asleep. I then carry her Moses basket up stairs when I go to bed, 9/10 she wakes and is looking for boob again. I will then lie next to her in bed whilst she feeds and we normally both fall asleep. I do try and put her back in her own bed but often wakes an hour or less later so ends up in my bed again. She sleeps well but will often seek out boob for comfort.

I need advice as its waking me up and I really don't want to co-sleep for much longer.

Thanks

Does she have a dummy? Now at 12 weeks she past the point of risk of possible nipple confusion (although my son went from breast, bottles, dummy without issue since birth) Maybe a dummy will help her if she is solely seeking comfort and not a feed.

I try to let my babies sleep beside me and nurse as they want for as long as I can tolerate it, but if it's disrupting my sleep too much, I will give baby a pacifier. I LOVE pacifiers. I buy the one that most closely resembles my nipple, and the first several times I use it, I'll put a little of my milk on it so it will taste like me and is less likely to be rejected by my baby. It's worked for me 5 out of 5 times so far. :) Oh, and with my 6-week-old, she liked the paci the least at first, so I would let her suckle on me for a bit and then switch to the paci when she was relaxed and had her eyes closed and clearly wasn't paying attention. Then, I switched to the milk on the paci, and now I can just give her a paci.

Does she have a dummy? Now at 12 weeks she past the point of risk of possible nipple confusion (although my son went from breast, bottles, dummy without issue since birth) Maybe a dummy will help her if she is solely seeking comfort and not a feed.

We have tried a dummy especially when she was suffering from colic. It was quite hit & miss if she took it though. I may try it in the night though it may just help her forget about the boob!

Cosleeping helped me get more rest with my son but is having the opposite effect with DD so I'm in the same boat. Don't know what to do, she hates pacifiers! Nothing but mommy will do. I am the pacifier.

Cosleeping helped me get more rest with my son but is having the opposite effect with DD so I'm in the same boat. Don't know what to do, she hates pacifiers! Nothing but mommy will do. I am the pacifier.

Thanks for your response. I'm glad I'm not on my own on this one! I'm sure they will grow out if it but I just don't want it to develop into a habit. I am very much into them settling themselves to sleep. Do you know what age they can do this?

My son was sleeping through the night by this point and it was very easy to transition him to his crib. It took one night and was as simple as setting him down once he fell asleep. I know that's not any help, lol!

I have no idea what to do with DD. I love cosleeping and nursing but I don't get to sleep for much more that 1.5 hours at a time because she is so high needs. My plan is to take my cues from her and transition her to her own bed when she is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->