cold and flu remedies

Carlyp1990

Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I'm currently suffering with a cold/sore throat/headache etc and just wondered if anyone had any home remedies that are safe for use? I drank lemon tea with honey all day yesterday and it just made me feel sick and I've been taking paracetamol as much as allowed and trying to rest (easier said than done with a 3 year old) but I feel awful :-( xx

To be honest hun as far as I'm aware, you're doing all you can.
The only thing I might suggest is steam? With a couple of drops of olbas oil (or other essential oils that are safe to use in pregnancy).
Just try and keep hydrated and rest. Hope you feel better soon xx

I also have a three year old son, and he seems to have caught something. Wouldn't that be the timing? My husband has terrible allergies all the time, and when he was sniffling and sneezing, we didn't think anything of it. Now, they are both going crazy, and I have to admit that I'm very nervous!

I don't usually run and hide from the cold and flu, but I don't want to go into labor while sick :sick:. My son came early, and I'm 38 +1. I'm trying to go natural, and I fear the addition of that discomfort will be that last straw on my back. On the other hand, labor is so intense that I might not even notice the discomfort :haha:

Looking around current and old threads to find people's experience for comfort, along with anything to help end it quickly if it comes on.

I'm taking Chinese herbs preventatively right now. Dh and I are both acupuncturists, so we have them lying around, but if that is something you are interested in, you could seek out an acupuncturist who prescribes herbs?!?! Just make sure they are licensed, and that will guarantee that they are trained in what is safe during pregnancy and what isn't.

I've been using steam and it has helped but mine has become a chest infection now so I'm on antibiotics. At this stage Id suggest getting an appointment with your doctor as there may well be something they can recommend. I have heard that some pregnant women have been told to take sudafed or Benadryl, but I'm not a GP, so wouldn't suggest you start taking either without speaking to someone first. You can take Vicks First Response, but it might not work now your cold is established. Hope you feel better soon. I'm 39+4 and it sucks to be ill at this late stage!

I love vicks vapo run at night. I load my chest up. Helps prevent cough to clear sinus.

Lots of fluids are the best thing. You can also try peppermint tea, that might help, as well as vapor rub.

Tylenol is generally considered safe during pregnancy, and that might help you feel a bit better, too. I was depending on it last week when I had a cold.

I'm drinking crazy amamounts of orange juice to up my vitamin c intake and have been using karvol chest rub. I'm slowly starting to feel better but now oh has it :-/ and katies got an awful coug xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->