Cold before injections??

S

Serene123

Caitlyn is sooo poorly, and I think she is getting a chest infection. One of my friends said this might affect her being able to have her injections on Thursday. True?????

Some places won't let them have injections even when they're just getting over a cold - best to call the day before and check x

Usually before they give the injections they ask if the child has been unwell at within the past week or so, then ask about their temperature. I'm not sure if they will go ahead with the injection or not though as never came accross this problem yet x

Where i live they wont give babies injections if they are ill

yes its true they wont be able to get there injections when they are ill.

Colton was ill when he got his 2 month injections. He was coughing, runny nose, congested, and was hoarse-so i know he had a sore throat.
Then 1-2 days after he ended up with a 102.5 fever, turns out he had been developing bronchitis.
They still gave him his shots though.

i read in my 0-5 book that if it's just a cold they'll do it anyway but if baby has a temperature they won't as the injections can cause a raised temperature and mask the illness which might need treating. not sure how it works in practise though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->