Colic

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Recently zanes been a nightmare crying all the time (yes i no its what babies do lol) id try everything and the other night he wasnt keepin his feed down so went to see the doc n he said that hes either got colic or hes just goin thru a "phase".

he then went onto sayin no one really knows what colic is ect i thought it was wind so got him some colic bottles but that hasnt helped!!!!!:dohh:

any advice?

Well seeing how he is 4 weeks it could be a growth spurt , sometimes there lil bones hurt as they grow I know because i go this with max allot and still do ..

as for colic yes it wind stuck inside poor bubs, the best thing other then meds is to hold your baby in the anti-colic position as the picture shows , I held max like that all the time and it helped with his colic allot

Some bottles can help , dr.browns are supossed to be very good , most anti-colic bottles will work best thing i found is make sure the teet on the bottle is wide and that both babies lips are sealed around it to avoid any air ..good luck hun and hang in there

Attachments

• Picture 111.jpg
    Picture 111.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 4
to help my LOs colic I had to give up virtually all veges / salad and dairy products for 3 months.
It might sound extreme but I was really just eating carbs and plain meat. It worked though. And now by 3.5 motnhs his colic is finally clearing up and all is well again and I can eat veges. I'm yet to reintroduce dairy but will do soon.

some of my regular meal suggestions:
potatos, chicken and carrots (One vege I found i could eat)
plain pasta with pork and leeks (Another I found that was ok, but not onions) and mushrooms
Pasta with tuna and mayonnaise

I used to joke I was on the "beige diet".

just make sure to take a suitable vitamin tablet - esp if bfing which I am.

Ive read too that no one really knows what colic is.... and I believe this!! No doctor knows what is causing the little babies to cry so much and surely not every baby feels the same when they have "colic"!!

My HV said sometimes it could just be (cos it often happens in the evening) their way of expressing everything they have absorbs in the day... and to some extent I think this is true!! Courtney has been alot less like this the older she has got!! Now she makes so many more happy noises so she can express her self in different ways!!

The worse "colicy" times I remember is when she has been constipated... so no bottles would help with that!! Ive heard colief is really good?!? :)

Shes been a bit bad tonight... and I swear thats due to the darn gaviscon... doesnt agree with her tummy :(

we use MAM's as anti colic bottles, highly recommend them but maddi hardly has it so i was assume dr. browns are better. i use gripe water when maddi seems a bit colic-y. thinking of you honey :hugs:

Ive read too that no one really knows what colic is.... and I believe this!! No doctor knows what is causing the little babies to cry so much and surely not every baby feels the same when they have "colic"!!

My HV said sometimes it could just be (cos it often happens in the evening) their way of expressing everything they have absorbs in the day... and to some extent I think this is true!! Courtney has been alot less like this the older she has got!! Now she makes so many more happy noises so she can express her self in different ways!!

The worse "colicy" times I remember is when she has been constipated... so no bottles would help with that!! Ive heard colief is really good?!? :)

Shes been a bit bad tonight... and I swear thats due to the darn gaviscon... doesnt agree with her tummy :(

for my LO colic = trouble with wind. very painful. he always get bad tempered in the eve if he doesnt get to sleep early enough (at the first sign of tiredness) but to me this is not colic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->