combating nausea

Tromboli

Reaction score
I know it's different for everyone but I'm curious what kinds of things other first trimester mom's do to combat that pesky morning (all day) sickness. What kinds of things do you eat? How often? What about liquids? (water makes me sick :(
Other things you've tried?

I've got those Sea Bands that work fairly well but not completely. The further I get the more I realize that I have to stick to bland foods. Oat meal, fruit, egg salad, soup. And I'm my most recent problem is that water kills my stomach. I found a great solution though: lemon water! A little lemonade Kool Aid (but super watered down) plus a few drops of lemon juice. Boom. Hydrated and happy tummy.

What about you?

Lemon water was my savior too. I have had all the time nausea. Eating every two hours, almonds, and sherbet or Popsicles helped. But mine was more of an empty stomach feeling that hurt. I'm. Thirteen weeks now and its starting to subside, however smells are getting worse!

I just needed to snack all the time... empty tummy = unhappy tummy. I've heard good things about "preggo pops" too but haven't tried them.

zofran, phenergan, diclegis and IV hydration. heh.

I have pretty severe MS. Thankfully not quite as bad as the last pregnancy. I can't drink hardly any fluids in the day without throwing up so I get up in the middle of the night to drink water, lol. As far as what helps, not having an empty tummy and staying lying down most of the day. If I feel better and start doing things I start throwing up non stop so doing as little as possible is my aim. In the evening I usually start feeling a little better then I try getting out for a bit of a walk.

Vernor's helps me, because plain water just doesn't sound all that great. I also find that cereal is really yummy too like honey nut cherrios. Sucking on hard candy like lemonheads have helped settle the tummy too, or jolly ranchers. Also, just keeping my belly kinda full at all times is a big help! If I go to long without food it's a bad thing.

I don't know where you live, but here we have something called Preggie Pop Drops and Preggie Pops. They come in different flavors and they really well for me.

For the last week and a half or so I have had mild to moderate nausea, on and off all day long. Like a few other ladies have said, I try to eat something every couple of hours. I feel worse if I let my stomach get empty. Peanut butter on saltine crackers has been a godsend for me, something I know I can eat when everything else makes my stomach turn. I also second the honey nut cheerios!

As far as drinks go I haven't paid much attention to what helps or doesn't help, but your lemon water sounds good! I love flavored sparkling water (like La Croix) and drink lots of it. I've also identified one of my first legit cravings as orange juice! I rarely drank it before but in the last few weeks have gone through 2.5 cartons of it! Yum.

Vitamin b6 works really well for me. I also like the preggie pops. Bland food and plenty of food are also key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->