Combination feeders - share your schedules?

horseybird

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I just wondered if those of you that are combination feeding would mind sharing your routines?

This was never a option with my first as she never got the hang of it so I just expressed last time til my supply ran out. But this is my second and she has no problems latching or switching from breast to bottle so I want to give it ago.

She is 2 weeks old and feeding every 3-4 hours about 20-40 minute breast or taking between 3- 5 ounces formula. At the moment hubby does a formula feed/expressed milk before bed, and one in the day.

If you miss a breast feed is it best to express to maintain supply

Thanks

During the day I breast feed every 3-4 hours and in the night I demand feed. I am expressing at every feed in the day. Each feed I am topping up with breast milk although I use formula three times a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner... Xxxxx

I bf on demand through the day and offer a single bottle of formula at bedtime. I don't respond well to a pump and therefore, just dont.

If you want to pump/express each time you offer a bottle that *should* maintain your supply. Pumps are not as effective as baby at removing milk, so depending on how well your body responds, this may/may not be enough.

I dont think there is a right or wrong schedule. If its working for you, and baby is happy, with lots of pee then you're doing it just right :thumbup:

I combo fed my DS2 because I had to go back to work. I would pump on the side he was not feeding on durring they day when I was stocking up for going back to work and when I was away from him so he could go visit his Dad. Then I pumped while I was away from him. This is the only way I could keep my supply up and so he could have breast milk in bottles when I could not BF him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->