Combination feeding question

bumphope

Reaction score
We are combination feeding our 2 week old little girl... We weren't getting the latch right on breast feeding, so I started expressing, and I'm not getting enough milk to satisfy her.

I express as often as she feeds, and I'm hoping my supply will increase over time... Is that right?

I get about 40-60ml per express, which she takes, along with about the same amount of formula. It seems to me that this is quite a lot for a two week old to take every four hours?

I'd really appreciate your help!

Thank you :) x

We are combination feeding as well. I want to say that we were feeding our daughter about 60 ml per feeding every 2-3 hours at 2 weeks. We went up to 90 mls/feeding around 3 weeks or so. Lately, we've been giving 90-100 mls per feeding. We will give her more if she still seems hungry, but she almost always seems satisfied after each feeding (to the point where she's almost too drowsy to burp her).

I have low supply and am currently only expressing an average of 55-60 mls per session. Sometimes I get a little bit more, usually in the morning. I wasn't even getting that much at 2 weeks. I've been taking fenugreek and blessed thistle supplements as well as consuming lactation oatmeal cookies. I pump every2-3 hours for at least 15-20 minutes each time. I pump whenever we feed our daughter plus an extra time or two a day if time allows. For most people, these things would be more than enough to boost the milk supply. While I have seen an increase since weeks 1-3, I'm disappointed in what I'm currently getting. You're doing better with your output than I was doing at 2 weeks, so I'm guessing you're likely to see better results with your supply increasing than I've seen with mine. Good luck! :hugs:

Thank you :)

So compared to your girl, ours is eating quite a lot! Thank you for your encouragement though, like you say, it is hard to keep positive when you're not getting as much as you need, but I guess we can only do our best.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"