• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comfort milk and colief

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My DS was suffering colic in the evenings and had 2-3 hour crying sessions where he seemed distraught. We tried infacol as it had worked with DD but it didnt work so have now gone onto Colief. It seems to be working great however we have gone through that tiny bottle in less than a week and it costs £11! I am willing to pay if it is the only thing that works but figured that seen as it reduces the lactose, then maybe comfort milk may help and would cost less. Just wondering if anyone has switched from using colief in normal milk to using comfort milk and whether it still worked for colic?
He also has trouble with wind and I have heard comfort milk is great for this, he still gets the wind pain with the colief.

TIA

Yes we did and it does exactly the same.

We always had colief on prescription though but I found comfort milk works even better than colief and stage 1 milk.

Thanks Hun, think I'll give it a go this week once my current formula runs out. Which one did you use? We are using cow and gate first at the mo so I was gonna get their comfort milk too.

Also what is the preparation like for comfort milk?

I used aptimil because we used aptimil stage 1 before switching to aptimil comfort. You'll probably be ok switching to cow and gate comfort.

I've always used the perfect prep machine so for me I prepared it the same way.

I had my LO on sma comfort and I use to use colief too, she's now just on the comfort milk as she is bigger... We switched to comfort milk for reflux and colic...

I use to get my doctor to prescribe the colief as it was getting far to expensive!

I have just switched to SMA comfort easy to digest as LO was suffering with wind.

In just a day her poos have turned from pellets to runny yellow. Did any if your LO's have loose poo on the comfort formula!

I have just switched to SMA comfort easy to digest as LO was suffering with wind.

In just a day her poos have turned from pellets to runny yellow. Did any if your LO's have loose poo on the comfort formula!

Yes this is very common for comfort milk.

Thanks for the quick reply!

In only a day she's gone from not winding and stones for poo to winding after every feed and soft.

I'm gonna touch wood and say it's a magic product! Hopefully she will settle better during night feeds now too 🙏

Thanks for the quick reply!

In only a day she's gone from not winding and stones for poo to winding after every feed and soft.

I'm gonna touch wood and say it's a magic product! Hopefully she will settle better during night feeds now too 🙏

It massively helped my LO too. The horrific nappies were a small price to pay!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->