comfort nursing ALL night !!

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
im completely shattered. we cosleep and she's literally on the boob all night lately. I cant lay on my side any more than a few minutes and then my leg gets really sore, so I wait til shes asleep, then roll over, just getting comfy and im falling asleep then im swatted awake. repeat. not getting any sleep! this clearly isn't working for either of us .I just don't know what to do. she is teething, but honestly has been teething since about 5 months old so :shrug:

im so tired I don't really know tbh when it got this bad. I know at one point things were improving and she was going longer stretches but its been getting increasingly worse for awhile now.

help !!

Would sticking a pacifier In her mouth or providing another sort of teething toy, help comfort her during the night. At a year old, I'd think she could use only one feed in the night, or a full bottle of expressed milk and just use a pacifier to help her get through the night.

Im no expert though. Im a ftm and my baby is only 5 weeks old. But she also comfort feeds all night long and needs to be touching my breasts/belly to sleep at all at night.

Another idea. This is what I normally do.

But ime not sure how possoble it is for a year old. How about have baby sleep or rest her head ontop on your shoulder as you sleep, so if she wakens she just needs to go for the boob.

I normally have my 5 week old laying ontop of me at night and if she wakens, she is lying near a boob and she tends to latch herself most of the time. :) She also makes a mess of the milk, so she sleeps only in a diaper at night. Lol

We go through some stretches like this at times and I agree, it is exhausting. For us, they seem to correlate with Wonder Weeks or growth spurts- she will feed like crazy for a week, then I'll notice I need to lengthen straps on her stroller, car seat, etc. But are you saying it is like this all the time for you? Or maybe just a long phase?

fuck, idk. prob just a looooooooong phase, lol

Hang in there. Hopefully it gets better soon. I know the feeling where you just want your boob back to yourself for a while but they won't give it up.

I saw where Pink Petals posted this on another thread- I've read it before but forgot about it. It seems like a really good, gentle plan to try. If it works, it gets you 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep while still keeping LO in your bed.

https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Would sticking a pacifier In her mouth or providing another sort of teething toy, help comfort her during the night. At a year old, I'd think she could use only one feed in the night, or a full bottle of expressed milk and just use a pacifier to help her get through the night.

Im no expert though. Im a ftm and my baby is only 5 weeks old. But she also comfort feeds all night long and needs to be touching my breasts/belly to sleep at all at night.

My baby is 6 week old today and that is how we sleep too. Only way to get some sleep. Hoping to wean her in to her own cot soon though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->