compitable wooden train sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wriggley

Reaction score
my LO his the ELC big city wooden cargo train set.

It has sat ontop of his wardrobe since he got it at xmas so we have recently been getting it out... i noticed it holds his attention for ages so am thinking of getting some bits to add onto it as its very limited track wise

does anyone know what other brands are compatible? ive had a look on ELC and can really see anything worth getting

I'm in the U.S. but I did a Google search for what is compatible with the Thomas sets and found a very detailed chart for brands you can get here. Maybe you can find something similar.

It looks like standard track so any other wooden track will work.

Brio
Bigjigs
Tidlo
Melissa and Doug
Supermarket Sets

Someone said that ikea have changed their sets and they aren't so compatible but we don't have any so don't know that for sure.

Thanks ladies

I have had a look and really like quite a lot of the bigjigs so I'm going to get that and if it don't fit it's not a big deal he can set up cargo next to it and there's plenty to expand later with the bigjigs range

I bought the ikea sets about 3 weeks ago and they're compatible with our brio and tesco tracks? The one on the top is ikea. x

Attachments

• 20141004_100509.jpg
    20141004_100509.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4
The Ikea are hit and miss with other brands. The male connector on the Ikea track fits into other brands ok, apart from some being a very tight fit, but the male connectors on other brands seems too loose in the Ikea tracks and they just fall apart. We've got a mix of brands which all work fine together, but the Ikea stuff has been put aside for spares. Wouldn't bother with it for that reason. All the other brands work well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"