Complete Footling Breech Questions

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and I went to my high risk appointment yesterday. They told me that my LO is in a complete footling breech position with both feet over the cervix under lo's butt. I am having to be monitored twice weekly by ultrasound for 30 mins to check for warning signs of stillbirth possibility at which point they would do an emergency c section, this is due to several health problems I have. So basically from this point forward I could go to an appointment and leave with a baby a few days later which is terrifying to say the very least. My question is this though, how many of you have found out your baby is in the complete footling breech position, and for those of you who have given birth previously did you ever find out that your LO was in this position at 33 weeks and baby still turned previous to you going into labour? Because from the research I've done the chances of her turning after 33weeks is really small and only about 1-2% of babies in a breech position turn after 33 weeks. Am I even going to be able to have a vaginalbirth at this point? I'm so worried something is going to go wrong with this birth. I'm terrified. :nope::shrug::nope:

My little man was found breech at 36 weeks but he turned by the time I had a check up scan at 37 weeks.

Babies can turn right up until the last minute.

I hope baby turns for you and the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly xx

My ds turned last minute and this one still breech/oblique an no one worried so far.
Xx

I'm a little concerned about it. She's been breech in all my ultrasounds and Ive had two a month since 16 weeks. I hope she turns but the way my OBS are acting I think they are going to schedule a c section at 37-38 weeks, which I didn't want. I was actually looking forward to attempting a natural vaginal delivery.....

Ds was breech or transverse at 37 weeks I think, no one ever mentioned scheduled c section. It's way too early to be thinking along those lines.
Xx

There are some other things going on other than the breech so that is probably why they are thinking about a C section, not sure though...

My DD was breech at 35 weeks and I was scheduled for a c section but by 37 weeks she turned and the section was cancelled.

Definitely plenty time for your baby to turn yet :)

Jump on the spinning babies website and have a good read about the exercises you can do to encourage babe to turn

Hey hun my baby was footling breech she turned on her own on Monday head is down now and engaged im 36 weeks so you have time yet :)
Word of warning when she did turn she made me sick lol

Should add I do lots of walking and she turned whilst I was out walking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->