Complete Molar Pregnancy

frieda

Reaction score
I found out I was 1-2 weeks (that's what the test said) "pregnant" around the end of July 2015. We were extremely excited, in fact I think that would be an understatement.
Within a few weeks I was extremely sick. Everything I consumed came right back up. Smells would have me running to the restroom. I was miserable, but everyone kept saying it will be worth it in the end which I completely agreed with.
When I went for my first appointment (September 29) I could tell by the lady's face who was doing the ultrasound that something wasn't right. The doctor told me this looks like a complete molar pregnancy and explained what that meant and how it would be treated. He highly advised that I didn't look online, but I wish I had so I would have found a group like this sooner. We scheduled my D&C for the following week on October 5th.

HGC LEVELS:
9/29/15 (before D&C): 467,202
10/29/15: 1,738
11/5/15: 2,235
11/9/15: 1,913
11/12/15: 2,389

On 11/17 I got a referral to an oncologist. I am very nervous.

Is this normal? My doctor told me it should be going down by 15% every time. To the people who have had to go down the chemo path; what were your levels like?

I'm very scared. I never imagined being in a position like this.

I guess I just want to know how other peoples molar pregnancies turned out so I can have a better idea on what to expect.

Sorry I can't help but sorry for your loss as well as the problems you are facing. I hope someone can give you more answers.

Hello Frieda,

I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss and can empathise with your situation.

I too had a complete molar pregnancy and was referral to an oncologist about two months after I had my D&C. Like you my hcg levels started to increase again about a month afterwards. It was only after I had two consecutive increases that I was referral and the hospital weren't too concerned after the initial increase. I really hope that this has turned out to be the case for you and that your levels have dropped again since you posted.

If not and you have to undertake treatment, please feel free to pm me if you need any information. I was given methotrexate on a two week cycle. The first week consisted of 3 injections every other day and one injection the following week. Each day after treatment I took a Folinic Acid tablet.

The treatment itself was okay - it was the tiredness and subsequent infections you pick up that are the worst part. Unfortunately the longer you are on the treatment the worse these get as the methotrexate builds up in your system and your immune system is getting weaker. In the end I needed to have almost 6 months of treatment. For 3 of those months, despite getting treatment my levels just plateaued - it was so frustrating but thankfully the levels came down to normal eventually.

I still need to get my levels checked every month. I finished my treatment in October '15 and thankfully have had normal readings since then. We are strictly warned not to attempt to get pregnant for at least 6 months after finishing treatment so can't wait for the next oncologist appointment in April to hopefully get the green light.

I really hope your journey won't be as long as mine. I found one of the worst parts being the lack of information available. Even the nurses and doctors didn't have complete information as it's quite a rare event.

If there's anything at all I can help you with, please please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hugs..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->