Conceiving, undescended testicle?

mommyforever

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I haven't been trying to conceive, nor preventing it. We both want to have a child, but want it to happen naturally for us. We've been "not preventing" for about 9 months now, and nothing has happened. I already have a 2 year old with another man, but my boyfriend has no children of his own. I was diagnosed with HPV about a year ago.. but my boyfriend has told me that he had one undescended testicle when he was younger and did not have the corrective surgery until he was much older than the suggested age. The testicle that was operated on is now much smaller than the other, but the other testicle has never had any problems.
My question is... has anyone else gone through this?
Am I having problems because of the HPV?
Or is my boyfriend procedure the culprit of us not conceiving?

Neither issue should cause infertility. HPV doesn't cause fertility issues unless it gets out of control and becomes cancerous, and if his one normal testicle is producing sperm normally than it should perform just as well as two. There could be some other culprit, though, that may be worth looking into for both of you.

My dh had the same issue and it wasn't sorted out til he was way beyond the suggested age. He was told that testicle is sterile as a result. He then got an infection on the healthy one soon after we came to China so we actually thought we wouldn't be able to conceive naturally but decided to give it a try anyway. We were very lucky and I fell pregnant our fourth month of ntnp.
Your options are basically to sit back, relax and keep letting nature take its course; start temping and charting so you dtd at the 'right' time (all sounds very mechanical to me) or see a doctor to check if everything is in working order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->