Concerned about vomiting at 15 weeks

wifey2013

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm 15 weeks and 2 days. Throughout the first trimester I only had nausea a few times and vomited maybe 5-7 times at most.

I'm been feeling normal for the past few weeks.

This morning I woke up and was craving a bowl of pasta so I made myself some. I was drinking quite a bit of water while eating. I got up to get something for my toddler and felt a supped need to vomit. I ran to the bathroom hardly making in and vomited about 5 times, all the pasta all the water. I figure it was just a fluke.

Then this evening I made myself a sandwich for dinner and about 10 minutes after eating I felt it coming up. No nausea or anything just the need to vomit. I went again to the washroom and vomited about 3-4 times.

I'm quite concerned since this has never really happened to me before and I'm also quite wary of eating something else.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Could be an odd bout of pregnancy sickness or even a sickness bug. I haven't had much sickness this pregnancy but I have had a few odd days of pretty extreme vomiting. I wouldn't say it's anything to be overly concerned about. If you don't feel like eating then I wouldn't push it, just try and have little sips of fluid to stay hydrated. If it carries on more than a few days though or you find it difficult to keep fluids down then definitely get some advice from a doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

My ms went away right at 12 weeks and got my energy burst, yet somehow I threw up more between weeks 12-20 then leading up to 12 weeks. Like you, I only threw up 5-7 times yet was feeling sick most days.
It was just a matter of figuring out what I can and can't handle. For example my stomach won't handle large amounts of fluid before breakfast is on its way into the digestive tract. Milk, juice, water, etc all will make breakfast come up unless I drink after 10 am ;)

I also can't take large amounts of fluids. Discovered this the hard way when I had my prescribed pint of water before my scan at 14 weeks. Came right back up, along with breakfast. I also wasn't sick very often at all in first trimester, just felt nauseous. I'm thinking it's nothing to worry about but if you're concerned, do check with your midwife or doctor. Sudden onset of sickness *can* be a sign of preeclampsia but that's very unlikely this early on.

I've been having the same thing. Almost no sickness all of first tri only had one day where I was incredibly sick. Then again yesterday out of the blue I was sick in the car on the way to work, couldn't even pull over in time. Ended up being sick most of the day and vomited probably about 6 times yesterday. I feel fine today though so I'm assuming just a fluke

Yes I only threw up a couple times in first trimester but definitely felt nauseated a lot. Then at 13 weeks I started throwing up a lot! I felt less nauseated during the day but suddenly it would just come
Over me and I would just have to puke no matter what. I am still having this now at 16.5 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->