conflicting advice about what is cd1-help!

Fezzie

Reaction score
Hello,

After DS was born, my periods haven't been the same. The last cycle is a great example. I started spotting on Sunday July 1st, then nothing on Wed and Thurs, then finally my period arrived on Friday 6th and ended on Tuesday 10th. So that's 10 days of wearing a liner/having cramps/being "on my period" which sucks.

But what is cycle day 1? The day of spotting, or the day of full period? Because my spotting has red in it, and some sources say count the first day of red as CD1. But my period never really started until Friday the 6th. So I'm either on CD 13 or 8.

If I were to start testing with OPK, when do I start??

I think there is something wrong with me.

We started :sex: today just in case. No EWCM yet, but maybe my body doesn't make it at the right time.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

I've heard that it's the first day of "flow", meaning NOT spotting. And of course bright red- that's what I would count.

From what I understand, a few days before your real flow starts, your progesterone plummets- but it takes your body a few days to "get the message" before it then starts shedding the endometrial lining. But you could conceivably have spotting from the instant the progesterone drops, meaning your body is jumping the gun, so to speak....

I've read that there are lots of different reasons for non-menstrual (true AF) bleeding- sudden hormone changes are a big cause.

HTH!

As long as the "jumping the gun" doesn't mean I have a luteal phase defect, I'm OK with it. It sucks to be on a 10 day period (even if half of it is a false start) b/c I'm constantly running to the bathroom to make sure I'm not leaking or anything.

Thanks again for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->