Confused.. Advice needed.

Cherrysoul

Reaction score
Hi all,

So we have been TTC number 3. My cycles are usually 26 days like clockwork, been like this since having my second son, prior to his birth i was 28 days like clockwork.

So we have been TTC for about 6 months, and last month we BD a lot, but apparently missed the boat as i got my period (1 day late day 27, which was odd ) anyway Period seemed normal (TMI Usual length of bleeding, same amount etc, so not IB).

Last BD was 4 days before that Period started.

Skip to this month it is now day 28 still no sign of Period(no cramps, no pms, no usual 'symptoms of impending AF , aside from sore nipples), now i know its only 2 days late, but i am never late, except for that 1 day last month, i have records for last 2 years of periods and always 26 days.

I have read that if you conceived right before Period due, you could still have that period as it takes 7-10 days (my period lasts 5 days to the dot) for the egg to reach the uterus.. rare, but can happen, i imagine this also means you ovulated late?

Has this happened to anyone before? Have you conceived before a period, or had a period despite being pregnant.. could i test now, should i wait?

I am really confused by this? As i am never late, it is so bizzare! Totally lost with this, but stranger things have happened i guess.

Also noted i am not under any unusual stress etc.

TIA :wacko:

Took 8 days for my BFP to show with #1, so you could still be...time will tell.
I cannot help with the regular stuff, as I've never been regular for long.

The thing is, the time between your ovulation and when your period starts, called the Luteal Phase, needs to be at about ten days. It takes that long for the egg and sperm to meet, fertilize, travel through your fallopian tubes and uterus and then implant.

If you had a true period than there would be nothing for the egg to implant itself in. Your period is the blood and tissue that makes up the lining the fertilized egg implants on. Especially if there were only four days from the fertilization of the egg to the start of the period.

Do you know when you ovulate?

The thing is, the time between your ovulation and when your period starts, called the Luteal Phase, needs to be at about ten days. It takes that long for the egg and sperm to meet, fertilize, travel through your fallopian tubes and uterus and then implant.

If you had a true period than there would be nothing for the egg to implant itself in. Your period is the blood and tissue that makes up the lining the fertilized egg implants on. Especially if there were only four days from the fertilization of the egg to the start of the period.

Do you know when you ovulate?

Thanks for replying, i understand all that, i had what i thought was a regular period, but now i'm not sure as AF still hasn't arrived in this new cycle. My AF is always 26 days with ovulation around day 12/13 ... I'm completely stumped! The only thing i can think of is maybe i had a breakthrough bleed? But i dont feel pregnant and i dont have any AF Symptoms, the only thing i have right now is sore nipples for a week so far and no AF.

It just makes no sense /shrug

Hmmm does seem curious to me. I am also very regular. Stress is the only thing that changes my cycle. I know bleeding can happen for many reasons. I wouldn't rule out pregnancy. Do you temp at all? That could maybe help you figure it out.

No i don't temp, and i still dont have AF...

I had AF on 8th June lasted 5 days, then once that cleared up we BD'd a lot, with the last session 4 days before last AF, Which was 4th July. Then due to my son ending up in Hospital with Influenza type B , and then i copped it a week later we had no BD this month before this AF due a few days ago... which is why i'm so bloody confused..as we definately missed O for July, and unless i O'd really late in June, which i can't see being possible as my LP would be way too short... I give up.. i'll just test today and see what happens. I just know that i had what i thought was a period on 4th July.. so how the hell can i be pregnant...

Hmmm, well I hope was good news when you tested. That sounds very confusing.

I think it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant from your cycle in June. Not unheard of. But very rare. It's much more likely that your period is not coming this cycle for another reason.

Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->