Confused and shocked, BFP at cd14...UPDATE!!

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
Sorry if in wrong section,
As the title says i recieved a BFP at cd14,
Long story short ever since a few days before AF started I had chronic breast pain, AF arrived at cd33 and the pain remained and I still have it. ( only symptom I had with my daughter )

Seeing as I had my period I just put it down to hormones.
Yesterday I had severe pains in my sides which increased through out the day and by time midnight came I was waiting to go to out of hours assessment place as they wanted to check me, did a urine test and that came back I had an infection then they did a pregnancy test which I thought was a waste of time and I knew it would deffo be a bfn...the doctor then walked over to me with the test and said its positive!! He showed me and yep deffo two strong lines there!
In shock and complete confusion as my period finished 8 days ago.

So now I think.... Could I of been pregnant and had a chemical? But even at cd14 would a test still show positive? Then the doc said with the pain and brown spotting I had it could be the start of a MC but surely I would of passed more then abit of brown spotting??

Ringing doctors Monday so they can do my bloods, so until then I'm in complete confusion xx

UPDATE....... well had another trip to hospital today as I had bright red bleeding, abit heavier then spotting
they did my bloods and im still testing positive, my hcg was 91.
iv got to go back tuesday thursday and saturday to have more done to see if they rise.
not sure if 91 is good or not.
also got examined and my cervix is definitely closed!
doctors were just as confused as I was. they did not understand how my period finished 9 days ago so maybe it was not a period?
still being cautious and preparing ourselfs for a loss.
I thought maybe I had a chemical but they said my tests would be negative by now and I defiantly wouldnt have 91 for hcg.
I guess only time will tell now....going to be a long wait!!

Long story short ever since a few days before AF started I had chronic breast pain, AF arrived at cd33 and the pain remained and I still have it. ( only symptom I had with my daughter )

Yesterday I had severe pains in my sides which increased through out the day and by time midnight came I was waiting to go to out of hours assessment place as they wanted to check me, did a urine test and that came back I had an infection then they did a pregnancy test which I thought was a waste of time and I knew it would deffo be a bfn...the doctor then walked over to me with the test and said its positive!! He showed me and yep deffo two strong lines there!

So now I think.... Could I of been pregnant and had a chemical? But even at cd14 would a test still show positive? Then the doc said with the pain and brown spotting I had it could be the start of a MC but surely I would of passed more then abit of brown spotting??

Ringing doctors Monday so they can do my bloods, so until then I'm in complete confusion xx

I am sorry you are going through this. Is it possible that the bleeding you experienced was just heavy spotting?
I pray everything works out for you.:hugs:

I am sorry you are going through this. Is it possible that the bleeding you experienced was just heavy spotting?
I pray everything works out for you.:hugs:

yes the bleeding was definitely just slightly heavier brown spotting. it only lasted for about half an hour then stopped.

I wonder if your infection was causing the bleeding or you may just have a sensitive cervix but congrats on your bfp. If your lines was really bold then I don't think it could a mc. Congrats tho

Thankyou, still not told family yet as we are being cautious till we know 100% whats happening. If I am then will deffo need a scan as I would have no idea when I catched x

Lets just hope it is a random bleed hun, but good luck if you are early then 91 sounds good so lets hope they rise

If you look things up, bleeding during early pregnancy is actually way more common than people think. There are some that go through normal "periods" and dont find out until they are six months etc. Often the bleeding isnt harmful unless you are passing clots and lots of cramping. Bleeding with cramping is often the sign of a possible miscarriage. Prayers that baby sticks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->