Confused!

dreamer_x

Ava's Mummy
Reaction score
Okay so I'm 10 weeks pregnant, and my mum's been talking to me and telling me that I really need to tell family members, and I feel really pressured. I'm scared about telling them, I'm 19 and I don't want them to judge me and bitch about me to each other behind my back, because that's what my family does. I don't want to hear their response because I know they'll be shocked and they won't be happy for me. It should be a happy time, yet out of all the people that know so far, I've only had 2 happy responses. Both mine and my OH's parents were too concerned and the friends I told at the beginning, well, I wasn't happy, I was scared so it wouldn't have been suitable to congratulate me. But it's not just family, I can't even tell my friends because I'm scared of how they'll react. I just want to message everyone over facebook so that I don't have to hear or see their response!
But now my mum's making me doubt myself and whether I'm ready for this - according to her, the fact that I don't want to tell people suggests that I'm ashamed of it and that I'm not ready for it. She's not a bloody psychiatrist! But now I don't know what I want and whether I am ready for it, whether it's the right thing...oh I just don't know what I want to do. I'm really confused now :( it's really upsetting me. I've spoken to my OH about what my mum's said and he's getting really excited about the baby and really wants it now. I want to be excited but now I'm really doubting myself :(

Lucky for me, first time around my mum and dad told everyone. This time I just phoned my Granny and she told my Grandad and I text my Auntie, the rest could find out over Facebook! I was dreading telling them, really scared! Me being 18 and pregnant with a second! But honestly the sooner, the better :hugs:

Just tell getting don't wantt anyone to know until after your first scan! Its your choice when and how you tell people! I just told close family, then after my 12 week scan I told everyone else by putting my scan pics on fb :) I'm superstitious though

i would say DEFINITELY wait for your 12 week scan before announcing to anyone, and dont feel pressurised into doing so, tell them when you are ready :)

Im 19 and have only just announced at 17 weeks, not because im worried about other people's opinions just because i was scared in case something went wrong (touch wood it doesn't!)

Congrats and wait until you are ready its YOUR baby not your mums! x

Like everyone else has said, if you feel more comfortable waiting, then wait! It isn't your moms decision to make on when people find out. And if you just want her off of your back, simply tell her you're at least waiting for your 12 week scan. I didn't tell anyone until I was 20 weeks pregnant and knew the gender - it's all personal preference.

And as for what your family has to say, they can suck it. It's your life, not theirs, and I'd just tell them to keep your name out of their mouths. (;

Don't feel pressured to do anything, by any one! Only tell people when you're ready, and that symbolises no such thing in regards to the "means you're not ready" thing.

Sorry your family isn't supportive darl x

Thanks everyone. My mum told my aunt last night and my aunt is going to tell my granny, I'm not too bothered about family knowing before I'm 12 weeks, I'm 10 now and I'm going down to see them this weekend and I'd feel bad if I didn't tell them until the week after, there doesn't seem much point going to see them and then ringing them to tell them the week after.
My problem is what they're going to say and the doubts that my mum is putting into my head. I just want the initial telling of people to be out of the way so that I can be happy and look forward to it. We still need to tell my dad's parents which is going to be bloody difficult!
I don't want to end up being lectured by them, I know it's not great timing, but it's happened now, no matter how many people lecture me, they can't change it.
jgauydgbjhvnsuin I just want to get past 12 weeks so that everyone can know and then it's over with!

I told my immediate family, and my mother told my grandparents. I waited until after my 12 week scan then posted it on facebook for the rest of the family/friends I had yet to tell.

Some reactions may really surprise you! Mosty everyone was excited for us (except MIL because I told my family first and she felt she was obligated to know before anyone :dohh:). I receied plenty of hugs, congratulations, and yelps of excitement! I was unsure how many people would react, but was pleasantly surprised.

My granny's response was gobsmacking. She's absolutely fine with it, apparently she just went 'bloody hell' but then couldn't understand why I didn't want to tell her! 'Theyre engaged aren't they?! It's not like its a one night stand, they've been together for a while now!' I thought she would have gone mental :/ my uncle said something like 'throwing their life away' which I didn't appreciate but if that's all I'm going to get then ill take that! We just need to tell my dads parents now :/

My Granny said 'Well she's not the only one in the family to get pregnant at 17!' which shocked mum and dad too haha, this time she was laughing and joking with me about missing my Christmas dinner possibly lol, even if you do get an initial bad reaction, a lot of times it just takes people time :) I mean my dad ignored I was pregnant for 20/22 weeks!

I told my parents, they was fine with it sayin I lasted longer than most my family, my grandma was happy, she already has five great-grandkids, the more the merrier in my family haha :) my fiance hasn't told anyone in his family....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->