Confused!!

Trappy

Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help as I'm having a really weird situation at the moment.
My husband and I started Ttc our second baby last month. I ovulated about 3 weeks ago and we bd the day before and day of ovulation.
My cycles we all over the place, sometimes I have a 24 day cycle sometimes 28 days, but either way they are short cycles.
At 10 dpo I tested and got a faint positive, I tested again 12 Doo and it was slightly darker so I assumed I was pregnant and went to the doctor to get a blood test.
However the day after I went to get the blood test I started bleeding. It was only a day and a half of bleeding but I have fairly light periods so I assumed I lost the baby. My doctor said it would take a week for blood test results so I'm getting them back tommorow and I'm going to get another blood test to confirm the miscarriage.
However I had a spare frer pregnancy test, and just then I thought I'd just check to make sure it's back at negative. However it's come back positive and it's darker than the tests I took before I bled. Still not as dark as the control line though. Could this just be that the hormone is still in my system a week after I bled? I had accepted that I lost the baby but I'm so confused now!!
I hope I'm asking this in the right section, would love some opinions. I've tried googling and can't find much.

I think it's hard to tell without having the betas taken. However I don't think it's completely unheard of for ladies to have bleeds when their period is due. Fingers crossed that the darker test is a good sign and baby is hanging on in there :)

I bled in my pregnancies with all 3 of my children! I think there's a good chance your bean is sticking! :)

I have a feeling you are pregnant with a sticky bean and you just had some bleeding, which does happen to some women! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!

That happened to me with my first and it was very scary, especially having to wait for the tests to come back. I wasn't as surprised as the doctor was, once it was over I knew I still had my baby. I have a dear friend who lost hers. :( The pee sticks won't be able to tell you much other than that there is hcg but there is still a chance. I think they always say it's a 50/50 chance, there really is just no way to know. I hope your bean stuck and do let us know how it goes.

I agree with IchigoMewMew, you should check your beta and that will give the the answer you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->