Confused .....

littlepeps

Reaction score
Im just slightly confused ... My OH and I had an 'accident' last year but that pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. We decided after that to try properly for a baby .. we are now a year on and havent had any success so we are guessing that its time to go and get things sorted out out by the Dr. as I was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20s..... and Im not getting any younger, Ive just past my 35th birthday !!:cry:

The thing that is confusing me that Im not too sure if I now actually want a baby .. I have a very full filled life .. I run my own business and have an active social life and My OH and love each other dearly ... Im thinking that wanting a baby was a reaction to loosing one I hadnt planned but then I think I should because of my age and my Pcos situation I need to be getting started before its too late !!!! .. ohhh confused !!!!:wacko:

I really need to be making my mind up ... have you ladies any advise ???????

Wow that is a tough one. Is your OH sure he wants one? If neither of you do then maybe it is better not to pursue it to actively, a life without kids can be fantastic and once you have one you can´t ever go back. I don´t know what I would do if I were you, but I´d love to get off this merry go round that is ttc and I wouldn´t put myself through it all if I wasn´t sure. Give your self a few months to think about it, yes you don´t want too much time to pass if you want to be a mom, but a few months won´t make a difference. I hope you decide soon if only so you can stop worrying about it.

Hmm well for myself my partner really wants one, and it's a now or never situation for me, but if I could guarantee that I would still be fertile in 5-10 years time hmm, there's still stuff I want to do with my life, you know?

I don't think I'm ever going to be overcome with maternal instinct, put it that way, my partner is a very involved uncle and I see qualities in him that would make a good dad, I also see my mum pining for a grandbaby.

Whilst I quite like older children (say 5+) I do find babies pretty tedious, and none of my friends have really had any kind of a life whilst having really small children.

Does this help in any way littlepeps, we could start a "TTC for people who dont really like babies that much" thread maybe? :haha:

Hmm well for myself my partner really wants one, and it's a now or never situation for me, but if I could guarantee that I would still be fertile in 5-10 years time hmm, there's still stuff I want to do with my life, you know?

I don't think I'm ever going to be overcome with maternal instinct, put it that way, my partner is a very involved uncle and I see qualities in him that would make a good dad, I also see my mum pining for a grandbaby.

Whilst I quite like older children (say 5+) I do find babies pretty tedious, and none of my friends have really had any kind of a life whilst having really small children.

Does this help in any way littlepeps, we could start a "TTC for people who dont really like babies that much" thread maybe? :haha:

Omg, I thought I was the only one, lol! Give me a toddler & I'm good to go, babies are another story. I used to refer to my DD as "the newborn baby blob" lol. It's how I figured out I wasn't meant to be a SAHM.

I've never had the maternal instinct, but I love my DD! It's other people's kids that I'm hiding from, lol. :wacko:

Maybe the best thing is to go and get looked at by the doctor and see if there are any problems - if the doc suddenly says to you that you may not be able to have a baby naturally then gauge your own reaction to that. If s/he says that all is fine then maybe you can hold off for a bit until you are a bit more sure.

I don't think there is ever a right time tbh but if you are not really that keen then maybe hold off for 6 months or so and see how you feel after that.

Omg, I thought I was the only one, lol! Give me a toddler & I'm good to go, babies are another story. I used to refer to my DD as "the newborn baby blob" lol. It's how I figured out I wasn't meant to be a SAHM.

I've never had the maternal instinct, but I love my DD! It's other people's kids that I'm hiding from, lol. :wacko:

Classic, you are one of us dachshundmom.

Well there you go, just be a mom that doesn't like babies all that much -no one ever said that be a mom you had to love ALL children, just your own?

I teach kids and I don´t like some of them, children are just like adults, some good some less so, they are just easier to figure out which as they don´t know how to hide it yet. I´m guessing I´ll love my own...at least until they become teenagers then I´m shipping them off to live with oh´s mum, she can rule with a rod of iron.

So I get to join the club? Where's my fancy membership card, lol. I might have mentioned it somewhere, but I am an only child & grandchild, never babysat a day in my life, & never wanted to. The first baby I ever held was DD. Lol. When I say I'm TTC again and even took Clomid, my friends just look at me like I just said I planned on eating my young, lol.

I am the person who is good w/ her kid, not good w/ kids. If that makes sense.

would your OH be ok without a kid?[/QUOTE

Yes he would love kids, he is brilliant with kids and I think he has more maternal instinct than me !!! ... and another factor is that he is an only child which is adding to the confusion because I dont want to deny him a family.

And i do have to agree that you should have the option of being having a child that is past the toddler stage .!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->