Confused!

jellybean22

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone on here can help me find some answers.. I'm 22 years old. I have a 6 year old healthy son. The last time I was sexually active was about a week before christmas give or take a few days and unprotected. My menstruation for December started around the 10th 2011. It lasted until around the 12th.. Normal for me. I'm never late and never early, always on time lasting two or three days. My next menstruation was supposed to come on January 7th.. It came to that day and nothing, not even the indications of my menstruation. I went to the clinic, living in a rural area there is only a nursing station, no hospital. The nearest hospital is an hour away. She took a blood test. She figured it would not show up in a urine test. So I went back the next day for the results which came back negative.. She said it could have just been a little late, but if it didn't come in another week to go back in for another test. It came over a week late and was odd in color and very light lasting only maybe 1/12 days. So I figured no reason to go back and I was not pregnant. I have been getting my menstruations almost every month since however they are different lasting only 1-1/12 days at a time and very light. The last few months have been full of odd things.. At first my lower stomach had what felt like a small hard mass. I thought nothing of it and it went away slowly. I've been having headaches sometimes lasting 2 days at a time with painkillers. Feeling slightly tired and craving odd things at odd times. And most recently I've noticed my upper stomach is harder than normal and pushed out. It goes from around under my breasts, on the side down to a little lower than my belly button from what I can feel. I'm a little on the heavy side so I'm unsure if it's just from being overweight or something more.. It has never happened before and sometimes I have tiny cramps. It feels almost like something is pushing everything to my upper stomach. My lower stomach is squishy and I can't really feel anything there. About a month back I bought two home pregnancy test and took one the same day I bought them, and came out negative. Then waited about 2 or 3 days and took the other right when I woke up. It came out negative.. But, all the odd feelings in my stomach I'm not used to feeling and have me asking what could it be? I asked the nurse if the tests could be wrong and infact I could be pregnant and she said yes it does happen where some women won't show in urine or blood tests when infact they go for an ultra sound and they are pregnant. One of my friends recently had the same thing happen to her. She is now 24 weeks and for the first few months it was not detected in her unrine or blood tests. Odd? I just don't want to end up being like on of the ladies on television who end up having a baby and not knowing they were pregnant. I don't know wether to go back into the clinic and ask for another test or maybe have an internal exam done.. I don't want to go into the hospital asking for an ultra sound going on a "gut" feeling. Not so much stressed over this, just really confused. Thanks :).

I guess the best plan of action is to go back to the clinic. it definately sounds as though something isn't normal. and further checks need to be made. let us know how you get on.

I would go to the clinic if I was you, at least it will put your mind at ease :)

I agree with the ladies. Something is up. If not a baby, something to cause your cycles to change.

You know your body best. If you want answers sometimes you have to push to them.

Good luck. I'm sure it's something simple; and better to figure it out early so you can get back on track . nothing is more off putting than funky cycles. As much as we don't like AF... she's our constant companion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->