congested baby

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
my daughter is badly congested and keeps freaking out in her sleep because she cant breath properly i did have saline nose drops for her but they have vanished she is really distressed and keeps screaming like someones hurting her.

is there anything i can do?? help?! bearing in mind all the shops and chemists are shut now :(

You can sit in the bathroom with the hot shower running and close the door, let it steam up, that will help with her congestion. Also if she will sleep either in her carseat, swing, bouncer, anything that sits up some that will help...or you can put a pillow or something under the head of her mattress to elevate that. A humidifer if you have one too

Was just going to suggest the same. Hot shower running works really well or just all the hot taps running with doors shut.

Really hope she's better soon :hugs: x

shes currently in her chair in our bed and i have some menthol oils burning to try unclog her, the house is too cold at night to sit in the bathroom will def do it 2mura tho

My OH sucks out all Maley's gunk from her nose with his mouth. My mum used to do it too. Cleared Maley's nose and she didn't develop a cold

the pillow under the mattress does wonders, and humidifiers are great! And like Rachie said, the nasal sucker thingies are great too, they hate it but love the results. Good luck.

i propped the head of Jordyns mattress up on an angle.. it made a world of difference.

A few drops of breastmilk in her nose and eyes works too... like salinedrops but supercharged with antibodies :)
:hug:

My OH sucks out all Maley's gunk from her nose with his mouth. My mum used to do it too. Cleared Maley's nose and she didn't develop a cold

i couldnt do that it would make me sick lol could do it with a straw... but i dont have any and my other halfs done a vanishing act so cant take me to get one

just incase ya didnt no...boots is open today till 4 i think it is and im sure asda/tesco's is too. i got my nose drops from asdas xx

i tried calling them but noone answered was it asda chemist or do they sell them in store

i couldnt do that it would make me sick lol could do it with a straw... but i dont have any and my other halfs done a vanishing act so cant take me to get one

You can actually buy a thing to put in the babies nose to suck the snot out. Sounds disgusting but it has a filter on so nothing hits u.

Ive got one, i bought it from tesco in the baby aisle. prob closed today but might be worth getting one in future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->