• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conjunctivitis - school?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
I've been trying to do my research but coming up with conflicting articles!
When I picked DS up from school earlier i noticed he had gunk in the corner of his eye which has gradually got worse throughout the evening (weeping/oozing/redness) I've just gone to check on him and check his eye while the was sleeping and the second I wiped it liquid literally oozed straight out. Does anybody know what the policy is on sending them to school? I'll be getting some drops first thing tomorrow morning xx

You don't have to keep them off. It's considered same as nits, annoying but they're not Unwell (usually). I wouldn't keep mine off with it

I would wait and see how he is feeling tomorrow. Although technically you don't have to keep them off with conjunctivitis it can make you feel really crappy so your Lo may be better at home

Really? It is incredibly contagious and our preschool wont allow children to attend with conjunctivitis. I have had it twice when the kids have had it and I felt poorly and my eyes were really sore.
x

Annoyingly no they don't have to be off at all despite it being incredibly contagious. Personally I would not send mine until started eye drops

No they dont have to be off. I work in a nursery and our policy is they can come in as long as they have started treatment. Its quite annoying though as it is really contagious.

I'm sure our nursery policy was not to let them in. Personally I would appreciate other parents not sending them in of course lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->