Connecta baby carrier?

PurpleHaze

Expecting 2nd baby
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using one of these baby carriers, and do you know if they're better than Babyhawks? I can't decide which one to get. Thanks! xx

never used a BH but i looooooooooove my connecta! i have one with sleep hood. connectas are really great for back carries!

Me, too, another very happy Connecta user here. :)

(Though I still have not mastered the back carry :dohh: )

I have a babyhawk and I had a connecta too. They're both great but I find the babyhawk easier to fasten, adjust and stay comfy. With the connecta, I found it really difficult to adjust the strap length while it was on, so I couldn't tighten it while wearing it, I'd have to take LO out, take it off, adjust it, put it back on, check it... it took a while! With the babyhawk, you just undo the knot on the long straps, adjust them and then refasten it - easy. Some people might never adjust the connecta so it would be fine, but I find it varies by what I'm wearing, whether you want a front or a back carry and sometimes you just want LO tied in tighter. I did like it but just never reached for it.

hmm i dont have any issue adjusting the straps and i go from back carry (short straps) to front carry (long straps) regularly!

I don't back carry at the moment but I've never found it at all difficult to tighten my Connecta while in a front carry. I do find it tricky to get the middle of the crossed straps in the middle of my back, though, it tends to ride up higher and pull, which gets uncomfortable, but that's a matter of not taking time to adjust it properly when putting it on in the first place.

I have a SW connecta and a BH, the SW connecta is great for quick ups and short carries, the BH is a bit more comfy but the straps really needed to be longer, I have standard straps, i'm a size 14 and on a front carry I have to tie in front whereas I'd like to do a lexie twist and tie at the back, had I have realised I would have ordered one with the longer straps. My fav MT so far is my maya tie, I can use that for hours without and aches.

Ive tried both a babyhawk & connecta and prefffered the connecta by far :)

I love my connecta! As long as I get the waist strap right, the side ones are easily adjustable I find? like a rucksack.
I havent tried a babyhawk but i have a normal mei tei, which is fine, I just like having the buckles rather than knots to secure it (Im rubbish at knots lol)

Another big connecta fan here :thumbup: In fact as i write this LO is fast asleep on my back in ours :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->