Connecta Carrier - Baby wearing

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I have the giraffe print one and am totally in love with it. thing is I get a little embarassed wearing it out and about. People stare :shock::shock:

OH says if I dont start using it Ill need to sell it cause its a waste of nearly 70 quid but I cant part with it :cry:

Do people give you funny looks when out and about or am I neighbours just ignorant? :haha:

xx

I have heard of funny looks but i dont get why, bjorn style carriers are popular and sold in mothercare (even though i never see babies being worn in them) so babywearing isnt so unheard of, even if mei tais and things are different, they are way cute! I have had nothing but good responses too LO in the connecta. How snuggly he looks and how cute it is and how easy it must be! If you feel it is the print that is too bold, I have a b/w print one, i could trade you ;) its less bold! does yours have a sleep hood? Can you pm me of you decide to sell? :haha:

not the best pic of it...

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
yeah mines has the sleep hood.. See yours looks great on! I think it may be the print but I honestly love my giraffe print :( Im just so self conscious :dohh: It just seems such a shame to have it just lying around ye know?

If I sell you can have dibs :)

well, maybe wear a top that matches (i dont mean a giraffe top :haha: I mean like one that has a colour in it the same as the print) then wear your coat as well, unzipped obviously but over the straps (if its a front carry) Especially if you have a coat that matches. Or a black hooded sweatshirt so the straps blend in. That way it is part of the outfit and it isnt like a separate thing so its less obvious if that makes sense. Babyweaing is so great! I hope you can get over the fear of other peoples opinions :hug:

Aw mate just wear it! People will always look at anything different from the norm... when you feel self conscious just tell yourself that they're looking cos they're interested and curious, not because they're judging :hug:

Mine is very bright so people do look at me but it's usually cos they can't see the baby :rofl: and when people ask me questions it's out of curiousity. I live in a very yummy mummy area where baby bjorns are everywhere you look, so I do stand out, but i'm proud to :) xx

I get stared at using a close carrier :/ people are always asking questions, i do think its more curiosity though
but it does bother me when mothers with buggies stick their head right out and stare as i walk past - ive said on a few occasions 'its just a baby...' with the implication of have you never seen one before?!

I get stared at using a close carrier :/ people are always asking questions, i do think its more curiosity though
but it does bother me when mothers with buggies stick their head right out and stare as i walk past - ive said on a few occasions 'its just a baby...' with the implication of have you never seen one before?!

Haha, love it :lol:

Apparently people do stare loads when I'm using a wrap, I think it's probably because if his head is tucked in and people see me from the side then it just makes me look a really weird shape, they can't actually see him :lol:

But then I'm pretty heavily tattooed and pierced with green/blue hair so I really don't notice it, just used to it I suppose. When people have actually stopped to speak to me they just ask where I got it from, if it's comfortable etc so they could well be staring because they love it not because they think you look silly!

A giraffe print Connecta sounds awesome, wear with pride I say :thumbup:

what? Nooo, please do wear it that is such a gorgeous one I saw a piccy of the giraffe print one in the babywearing photo thread and it looks AWESOME! I say if ppl are staring its cos they are wondering where they can get one too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->