Considering Back-to-Back IUI for attempt #3. Need advice.

JennyI

Reaction score
Hello,

A little about my situation:
Me-30, DH-33
His SE :spermy: numbers are good. About 90 mil post wash with 57% motility.

I got into a jet ski accident and had emergency surgery when I was 17. So I am dealing with scarred tissue/adhesions. Both tubes are still open but the right side is pulled straight. Left side normal shape. Of course, my right ovary is the dominant one... Go figure. :dohh:

IUI #1 50mg Clomid + trigger = 2 follies :bfn:
IUI #2 100mg Clomid + Gonal F300 + trigger = 2 good size follies and a smaller one on left side 14. :bfn:
*Skipped cycle due to cyst* (the 14 didn't ovulate and kept growing!) :wacko:

Started acupuncture and herbs on my month off and tried natural cycle :bfn: I ovulated from my right side again (I could feel it). Cut out coffee (replaced with green tea), sugar, and gluten from diet. Increased greens and alkaline foods. Room temp water only per acupuncture doc.

RE thinks maybe scarred tissue is blocking the eggs from getting into the tubes but not sure yet. Says to at least try a third IUI before IVF.

SO here we are IUI #3 in a few days. I have my US on Sunday to check the follies. Right now on 100mg Clomid and Gonal F 300.

Considering doing a back to back to increase the chances of getting the timing right. My doc swears that I'll ovulate 36 hours after the trigger so it isn't needed but the last two IUI's I felt O pains the day before my IUI. I'm a little torn... We pay out of pocket for the IUI itself so it would be twice the cost. And our last shot before IVF.

So back to back IUI for #3 or go for a round #4 before IVF if this one is neg. What would you do?
Any back to back IUI success stories?

You said this:

"Both tubes are still open"

And then this:
"RE thinks maybe scarred tissue is blocking the eggs from getting into the tubes"

I'm confused. When you say your tubes are open it sounds like you've had an HSG to establish that, but it would have also confirmed that route from ovaries to tubes is also clear.

Have you had one recently?

I have had three HSGs. The dye spills out, however my RE says that doesn't mean that the egg can get into the tubes. It just means that the tubes are open. My right tube is being pulled by an adhesion (it isn't shaped normal). So could be that it's pulled to far away from the ovary to catch the egg.
Or not, who knows? I did have 44 stables in my abdomen/pelvis after the accident.

Hey Hun. I did six back to back IUI's (so 12 inseminations in total) all negative before we moved onto IVF.
I honestly wished I gave up after the third try so that I could have pushed things forward faster.
If three IUI's is the number you have in your head go for it, but I wouldn't do back to back. He has great sperm numbers post wash and I don't think a back to back will make any difference (we were dealing with bad numbers which is why we had to do back to back).

I hope this cycle is it for you. I also have a lazy left ovary and ONLY ovulate from my right, even on stims.

DeuceMom: I was thinking about testing with my OPK before I trigger to make sure I am not surging on my own this time. Great advice thank you!

Myshelsong: Thank you. I think I just needed to hear from someone that has already gone through where I am at now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->