Constant baby talk - just STFU!!!! Big rant

Lynsay

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Apologies in advance ladies, but I'm not feeling very graceful today...

There's this babbling idiot who sits opposite me at work, and since I came back from sick leave after my MMC all he can talk about is his daughter and the fact that his wife has another one on the way.

He's the type of person who talks just to fill a space of silence. He's rubbish at his job, I don't know what he's on about half the time and to top it all off....

Wait for it...

He's decided to use the name I'd picked out for our little bean :-(
He keeps saying "William James" then his surname...

It's killing me inside!!

He keeps telling me that they're painting his room blah blah blah!! I would have been nearly 21 weeks so it's a kick in the teeth!

I can't believe he was so sneaky as to find out what names I love, then steal it?!

Am I over-reacting? Xx

Hi Lynsay, I think you should actually tell him what you have been through (he should know?) and ask if he could possibly show a little sensitivity? You shouldn't have to listen to that after what you have been through. I am annoyed on your behalf! And if he does know what you have been through, and thinks it is ok to go on about it in front of you then he is just an a******hole and I would ask manager to swap desks. :hugs:

It is amazing how little other people give a flying toss about what you are going through unless they are going through it as well. It absolutely baffles me. :wacko:

So no you are not over reacting at all. You are entitled to be angry. You were cheated out of your baby, and now some idiot is throwing it in your face! I would be fuming! :growlmad:

Oh hun :hugs:

I HATE people like this, I am often just a bit blunt and maybe even rude. . . .

My uncle was going on about his twins scan and how they had different shaped heads the day after I found out about my MMC, then a week later he sent me a facebook, ohh we had another scan today and it's twin girls.

I just said yeah that's lovely, I've just had a miscarriage.

I know it's a bit shitty of me because he didn't know about it but I was so pissed off I just thought I'd be funny about it so he wouldn't say anything again.

I wouldn't normally advocate telling someone something so private (especially when you think he's a knob) but I would politely tell him what has happened and say that you're finding it very upsetting when he keeps going on about his new baby.

I bet he'll be stopped dead in his tracks and feel so bad he won't bother saying anything else.

I agree, you might have to say something if he's going to continue to be dense about it. Especially the name thing, that's uncalled for, I'd be livid if someone who knew my name choices stole it! Good luck Lynsay, I hope this guy will stop and if not, that your boss might be able to help!

Thanks, I haven't been on for a bit but I've calmed down now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->