Constant feeding 5 week old

EverHopeful08

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a FTM and just wondered if it's normal to have some days (maybe 3 a week) where my little girl is feeding every 30-60 mins, just for short periods like she's conatantly snacking? When she cries I try everything else first but as the boob is the thing that stops her crying I figure she must have been hungry? Just don't want to over feed her if it isn't always hunger and would love thoughts please! Many thanks!!

Thanks Catherine, I see you're experienced at this!! I'm surrounded by formula feeders, nothing against it but they keep telling me I shouldn't be feeding so much. I'm just going with my instinct and needed a little reassurance that what I'm doing is OK!! :)

Formula feeders are often shocked at the frequency of feeds, or many facts of BFing. Just remind them it's a different process! This is my third. My MIL was constantly badgering me with my first- why was he nursing so much, you must need formula to supplement, you need to put that baby on solids, he'd slew better if....Blah,blah,blah! I just told her I do things differently, and she's learned to leave me alone!

Thanks again, I know it's the right thing to do with us and have been really lucky how we've both picked up the skill so will stick with it (and tell them to stick it :))!!!

My son is 7 weeks and still feeds every hour. Not at night tho. Thank goodness!
Its normal Ive been told : )

Every breastfed baby is different. My first was a slow gainer, an had to woken to feed. My second was fat an only ate every three hours or so. This one is chubby but wants to eat every hour during the day. Yet they are all healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->