Constantly want to be in a sitting position!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
This is not fun at all ! I put him down and he tries to sit up and gets cranky 'cause he can't sit up on his own yet. He gets annoyed, starts screaming and cry! He love to be in a sitting position all the time! If it was up to him, he'd spend the whole day in his bumbo or sitting on my lap.
Thankfully, there is no problems for naps as when I put him down in his crib he falls asleep within 2 min usually.

How can I get him to like laying down again? :dohh:

Jack is exactly the same, I think it is because we rocked him to sleep in that position he thinks we are trying to get him to sleep. I have started trying to lay him down and play with him so he sees it as a good thing now.

Hannah has been like this for a few weeks, she is constantly trying to sit up even when in her car seat! Hopefully its a sign that they'll be sitting up on their own in a bit

Ur not the only one who is having that problem hun, kira is the same. its the sign they want to sit up.

glad to see Josh isn't the only one... How long do you leave your LO in the Bumbo?? I don't wanna leave him in there for too long, but he loves it so much!

Aaron went through a phase like this a few weeks before he started to sit up on his own. He spent most of the time sitting on my lap, which was very inconvenient! Fortunately our armchairs were just the right shape and size to prop him up safely as long as I kept an eye on him. If he is happy in the bumbo then I see no reason why you can't let him sit in it for as long as he likes.

Ryan was the same. He was mostly upright from birth because he was such a windy baby. Having said that, it has done him no harm - I used to prop him up against the settee or he used to sit in his push chair quite a lot.

He has been able to stay in a sitting position for a several minutes for a few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->