constipated?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
katie hasnt had a poop today :( she keeps farting and crying asif she's trying, but doesnt poo.

what can i do to help her? i've tried giving her cooled boiled water, but i think it came out too fast for her and was making her choke. it looks so painful :(

lots of water (well 1/2 an ounce is you're lucky!! ha ha), some tummy rubbing and massage. it may sound silly but i also massage his lower back and bum cheeks and press gently around his anus (ooohh i feel embarrassed writing that, like i'm at school!). warm clothes over the belly and warm baths. it's awful isn't it. xxx

Salim gets this from time to time and I find water doesnt help him. I get my DH to move Salims legs like he is riding a bike and I massage his tummy at the same time. It works 9 times out of 10 with him. Its great if your little one is struggling to get rid of trapped wind. I hope this helps

Salim gets this from time to time and I find water doesnt help him. I get my DH to move Salims legs like he is riding a bike and I massage his tummy at the same time. It works 9 times out of 10 with him. Its great if your little one is struggling to get rid of trapped wind. I hope this helps

Yes! This works brill!!!

you can also bend their legs at the knees up towards their stomach and it pushes on the bottom of their stomach and helps the little one to feel better...I have seen it work with some of the children I work with at my daycare...Hope your LO feels better soon

Lexie goes 2days without pooing sometimes. She doesn't cry like she's constipated. But she does trump alot. Lol. I give her water inbetween her feeds, and I add 2.5mls of baby juice (which is already dilute) so it'll make it more dilute by adding it to water. I know i'm not supposed to give it her until she's 3 months but it helps soften her poo. Lexie very rarely does it in her nappy, i think i've changed 3 dirty nappies since she's been born. She waits until I take it off and hold her legs. I let her have her nappy off for 5 mins and she always does her poo then lol. She musnt like it touching her bum in her nappy. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->