Constipation @11 weeks

susied

Reaction score
Oh my gosh I'm so very ridiculously constipated! I have tried everything: I drink tons of water, I am vegitarian so I don't eat meat, I take colace and I've even tried miralax 2times. I know it's not good for you but I'm desperate. I can't remember the last time I went. It's been a couple weeks! :( I'm miserable. Bloated, nauseas, and just feel yucky!!

Help?! Any suggestions?!

I am almost 11 week's myself I feel your pain, today I went for the first time in a week and a half and well it was not too fun, just keep drinking water and eating apples and pears with the skins on!!!!!!!!

The best I did when constipated was this, hope it helps!

Water, water, and more water! It helps get your system going.
Yogurt with probiotics, it helps keep digestion moving. I did one yogurt a day, usually with breakfast.
Salads, if I could stand them. Last pregnancy I couldn't eat them till second tri!
If you have the urge don't wait, I once did and it didn't come back for 3 DAYS! The longest I went was 5 days and yeah, it was brutal!
Also if you can't go don't push and push, no one wants hemorrhoids!

Good luck!

Ouch! Hope it gets better. Could also try eating a few prunes.
I'm 7 weeks and the opposite - sure constipation will come! x

If it's been a "couple weeks" since you went, I seriously would go to a doctor. That's really not good.

I, myself, have been constipated, but I still "go". Just not flowing as nicely as I would've liked.

Thanks for the suggestions...water is a hard thing because I hate water. LOL! But I definitely will add apples and pears to my diet. Thanks!

Hi, i feel your pain and i'm only almost 8 weeks. I got for 3 or 4 days before i even feel as if i can, and yes DONT PUSH to hard, i learned that the hard way. My dr gave me docusate sodium, it hasn't done much so far, but i'm trying pickle juice now and seeing if that will help, with lots of water...also i'm thinking of trying a small cup of coffee, cause i know before pregnancy coffee made me feel like i had to go. Just a few things you could try! Hope it gets better for us all!

I called my doc. They are supposed to call me back. It's been at least 2 weeks. I have ibs-c (basically chronic constipation pre-pregnancy and I have gone 3 weeks without going. :/ it's no fun.

Thanks all!! I drink insane amounts of water. I bought all sorts of juice tonight. I heard that a mixture of prune juice, pineapple juice and apple juice gets things moving so I tried that. I also need to stock up on kiwi. I know that's a natural laxative. And I love kiwi!!

Not too long after this I foumd myself on the toilet..was ther an hour and a half..it was half in half out and huge..I couldn't do anything but push cause my body made me..ruined my own advise and pretty sure I have a hemmroid again..ugh! And my butt hole tmi sorry look very odd after..swollen and hurts so bad..please dont push lol

Not too long after this I foumd myself on the toilet..was ther an hour and a half..it was half in half out and huge..I couldn't do anything but push cause my body made me..ruined my own advise and pretty sure I have a hemmroid again..ugh! And my butt hole tmi sorry look very odd after..swollen and hurts so bad..please dont push lol

aww feel better!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->