Constipation!

VerbingNoun

Reaction score
So my DD was getting breastmilk (what I could produce) and formula for a while. Then I got BAD mastitis to the point where my breast just weren't...pumpable I guess I could say. Anywho she has been fully formula fed since then. We started noticing she'd have a bm after breastmilk but had gotten stopped up when I couldn't pump. Her pediatrician assured me it was normal but HOW normal? Anything I could do to unstop her?

Bless her heart, that's miserable. : ( I don't know if I would say it is "normal" but it is definitely common. Both of my boys have been formula fed--but the oldest was only constipated one time, and the baby has been constipated twice. I do think it is considered normal for a formula fed baby to have a day or so between dirty diapers--that all depends on what is already the norm for your little girl.
How old is she? (I'm assuming just a couple of weeks based on your ticker?) A warm bath sometimes helps, probably a little more so when it is accompanied by a belly massage. Then depending on age, you could try a little bit of diluted juice, and if she is REALLY having problems, my pediatrician recommends glycerin suppositories (I personally would use those as a last resort, but just because they sound horrible--I've never actually used them for my boys before.)

We (accidentally) fed my 8 month old several bottles of the wrong formula (long story lol) and he went 3 days without pooping. Poor guy would strain and push, and just not get any results. A couple of warm baths and a few ounces of juice finally did the trick for him!

I saw your post is a few days old, so hopefully you figured something out that worked for her and that she feels better

Thanks. My in laws bought Enfamil Reguline after she was straining and screaming. Even had some blood. After a bottle of this stuff she basically exploded. Feeling much better

I'm so glad she is feeling better after having gone.

I keep some 100% prune juice on hand to give in instances of constipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->