Constipation

Tryingbabyno1

Mummy 2 my beautiful Isla
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondering what you have took for constipation during pregnancy x

With my first, I ate loads of prunes and drank fibogel. But honestly, what's helped the most is just having a massive bowl of porridge every morning with all sorts of nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, etc. in it. I've eaten it pretty much every morning since 2nd tri and my constipation has completely gone away and I've felt so much more comfortable this time. I don't know if that's what's done it, but it certainly hasn't hurt. It has to be real porridge though, like the proper rolled oats kind, not the fine ground or microwave packets.

I used Fleet suppositories. They worked wonders for me and are completely safe during pregnancy.

I find kiwis and oranges help a ton - but worst case I’ve taken Colace which is a pregnancy safe laxative (?) or stool softener, can’t remember. Anyways it helps things move along if it’s been a few days. Then I just up my fruit intake to keep things going

I went doctors today they give me suppositories and lactulose x

I hope they help xx

I always used Metamucil or a similar fiber supplement regularly throughout my pregnancy to prevent constipation. Also whenever I really needed to go, eating a green leafy salad or a whole can of green beans/peas would get things moving.

Magnesium is safe and works well. I buy magnesium citrate. You can also use a stool softener /Colace . :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->