Constipation?

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Charlotte had a really HUGE poo last night...enormous, filled up the whole diaper. She hasn't gone since though. It was like, 9pm when she went...now it's almost 9pm again. She's been really fussy/cranky today like her tummy is hurting and she's been eating like NUTS. Usually she gets 3oz every 3 hours, but today she's wanted 2-4oz every 1 1/2-2 hours. She seems really uncomfy and I feel so bad! Anything we can do for her? We did switch her formula 3 days ago, but it's the same brand, just a different formulation....went from Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil Gentlease for fussiness and gas (she had a TON of gas). Any advice??

As babies get older they do start to go less. Noah went from every diaper change to 3-4 times a day, then twice,once, and then every other day. Try maybe rubbing her tummy in a clockward motion with some lotion and bringing her knees up to her tummy. Also sometimes a warm bath will help to

Are you giving her Infacol or Ovol? Those can really help with the gas.

It usually isn't considered constipation until the baby has no BM in 3 full days.
Mia is now on Enfamil thickened/sometimes on Enfamil lower iron and those give her great poop (mustardy, not dark and pasty) and I just love that formula because other Enfamils have a much higher iron content that can cause constipation. On high iron formula she went once a day, sometimes once every 2 days, but with this formula she poops 2-4 times per day and has virtually no gas.

Why don't you get a can of Enfamil lower iron and see how that works.

Maybe that we're talking about poo?

Thanks for all the suggestions. DH woke me up last night to let me know that she had FILLED her diaper up and asked if I wanted to come see :dohh: I informed him that just knowing was good enough, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->